Razr maxx and razr m text contact major issue. All users please read!!!

fixmyrazrm

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
This is to all users of Droid Razr Maxx and Razr M. My wife and I recently purchased a new Razr Maxx. My job requires me to forward various texts to various people pertaining to specific job issues. I am a construction manager putting in T-Mobiles 4G network. My wife is also a construction manager for T-Mobile. After two weeks of owning this phone we stumbled across a huge problem with this phone when it comes to forwarding texts.
When we tried to forward a text we discovered that there was no way to LOGICALLY search your contacts to forward texts to specific people. The phone gives you some arbitrary contact information when you attempt to choose a contact for forwarding. It is totally illogical!
I spent 5 hours last Sunday with a live Motorola chat, a level 1 Motorola tech, and a level 2 Motorola tech who have never heard of this problem and attempted to correct this issue with my phone (rebooting, hard reset, clear cache, wipe partition, and finally a complete wipe of phone). To no avail. Finally I was told that the highest level tech at Motorola would call me to correct this issue. Two days later when I did talk to the level 3 Motorola tech, he attempted to fix the problem. To no avail.
This is when I was convinced that this was not an issue with mine and my wife's Razr Maxx, but this was an issue with ALL Razr Maxx's. I went to the Verizon Store to confirm my belief and picked up a Razr M which operated the exact same way. WE ARE ALL GETTING DUPED BY MOTOROLA WITH THIS ARBITRARY CONTACT INFORMATION VIA TEXT MESSAGING.
After informing the level 3 Motorola tech of my findings that this was a flaw in all Maxx's and M's, he attempted this on his phone. His didn't work and he said he kinda felt cheated. After all the rebooting, wiping, repartitioning of my phone he said he would ESCALATE issue and get back to me. He called me back 1 hour later with the statement that this was a proper function of the Razr M and Razr Maxx. Everything I tried gave me arbitrary contacts.
My question is to every Razr M and Razr Maxx user. WHEN YOU CREATE A NEW TEXT OR FORWARD A TEXT WHAT KIND OF CONTACT INFORMATION DO YOU GET FROM YOUR PHONE? CAN YOU LOGICALLY SEARCH YOUR CONTACTS TO SEND OR FORWARD A TEXT TO OR DO YOU GET SOMETHING AS ILLOGICAL AS ME? IF THIS IS A FUNCTION, CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THIS FUNCTION WORKS? ARE ME AND MY WIFE THE ONLY ONES OR DO YOU FEEL DUPED? PLEASE, PLEASE, REPLY ON THIS ISSUE SO I CAN GO TO MOTOROLA WITH FINDINGS FROM THE RAZR M AND RAZR MAXX COMMUNITY. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM ALL! MOTOROLA, FIX MY RAZR MAXX!:-\:':)-!

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Take a chill pill, man.

I have a full searchable contact list when I try to forward a text. If I type in a name, for example, "Mark", I see every listing of "Mark" in my contact lists. I get home numbers, cell numbers, and email for every "Mark" in my contact list. I can select anything I desire from the list.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, he posted this on the maxx site too, holy cow . . . it's amazing how someone with two posts thinks he's uncovered some conspiratorial plot when user error/ignorance is a more likely explaination. FTR I don't have any problems whatsoever with a person getting concerned and asking a question, no matter how simple (I ask lots of questions myself that seem dumb to more experienced users - its not like my 23 posts are that much better :)), but man turn off the caps and take a deep breath, and don't accuse the company of having some kind of conspiracy . . .

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Please stop.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress