Organizing photos into albums on the Razr M?

piratesofthejellybean

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys, fairly new to the forum here! About 2 and half months ago, I got the Razr M. It has been an awesome phone and have had little to no problems with it. I was just wondering if you can organize photos on your camera into albums (besides the default albums)?

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
You could create folders for pics on your internal storage or SD card. Then they will still show up in the gallery

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

whatifii

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Also new. Sorry!
I was able to create a folder under pictures. I used the files app.
I could name it. I could make it grid view. BUT I see no way to add pictures to it.
Gallery does not see it or offer it as an album. It only drops down Albums: Locations and Times.
That second 'Albums' seems to be a header and clicking it does nothing.

thanks for any help!

whatifii

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
It's the blind leading the blind! But as no one else has answered you...
To 'create folders for pics on your internal storage or SD card' :
Use the Files App.
Make the new folder under the existing "Pictures" folder. (That makes it's type= pictures).

My pics I take with the phone camera are in the "DCIM>camera" folder [not as one might expect in the pictures folder]
Since I finally figured out the copy-paste, I can now move them to my new albums(aka folders) under the Pictures folder.
More experienced users - please correct this as needed.
I hope it helps a bit. Good luck to us newbies. We need it!

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
What whatifii wrote above is about right. You can create new folders and copy/paste files to them, but there is no way to force the stock camera app to automatically save photos in these new folders. The camera will always save photos to DCIM/camera folder.

There may be third party camera apps out there that allow you to define where the photos are saved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa