music player question?

maxxHD

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
So as I have stated before I am a convert from iphone and so far I am loving it. I see myself never.going back. However I really enjoyed being able to control my music from the controls on the earbuds especially when riding my motorcycle. I am wondering if there is a music player that I can download and use that supports these functions? I downloaded headsetbutton controller but it isnt quite what i am looking for. Also can anyone point me to a how to for getting music onto sd card? Thanks

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried Google Play Music? You can transfer your music from iTunes to it I believe. I think I did that a long time ago and just buy my tunes from the play market just like you would iTunes and it controls great for me. I use to use Bluetooth headphones at work and leave my phone on my tool box. Select tunes control volume pause play all worked from the headset.

Moving them to the sd card is another thing. I remember seeing here that wasnt possible with Play Music.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Power Amp should do what you want by giving the option for headset controls. You can move your music by plugging into your computer and moving the folder.

I also use iSyncr to 2 way sync my iTunes music to my phone. You can choose to put music on your SD card from the app. I sync via wifi at 2am every day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just the thread I've been looking for. I just came over from WebOS and looking to move music from iTunes on my PC to the RAZR Maxx. I'm used to transferring files to all my PDAs, but wondering if there is a way to transfer and maintain album recognition by some Android music player. Is it just keeping the album (directory) structure? Must be more than that.

Thanks in advance.

maxxHD

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Just the thread I've been looking for. I just came over from WebOS and looking to move music from iTunes on my PC to the RAZR Maxx. I'm used to transferring files to all my PDAs, but wondering if there is a way to transfer and maintain album recognition by some Android music player. Is it just keeping the album (directory) structure? Must be more than that.

Thanks in advance.

I found out that in iTunes you can create an mp3 copy of your music and drag and drop just like with iphone. All album art and such works perfectly.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So as I have stated before I am a convert from iphone and so far I am loving it. I see myself never.going back. However I really enjoyed being able to control my music from the controls on the earbuds especially when riding my motorcycle. I am wondering if there is a music player that I can download and use that supports these functions? I downloaded headsetbutton controller but it isnt quite what i am looking for. Also can anyone point me to a how to for getting music onto sd card? Thanks

Don't mess with iTunes anymore. Find a free music downloader in the app store. Search ur music and download it directly to your phone. Use cloudskipper or winamp..... if u don't like those,.just search for a music player and read the description. I hate iTunes and I want it off my computer. But my son needs it for his ipod

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

CollegePartyBoy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
There are a couple of very good apps to transfer your tunes from Itunes to your SD card. I use Isynr, others love Doubletwist. Either one is so easy and seamless to use.
For music players, there are a ton of them, Poweramp, Rocket, Jet player. Most allow you to control your music from your earbuds.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I thought I saw that the music player can read/play AAC encoded music files. Is that true? Also, I have looked at my PC version of iTunes where my music is organized. I have v10.7. I could find where you can export to MP3. Where is that?

Thanks.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I thought I saw that the music player can read/play AAC encoded music files. Is that true? Also, I have looked at my PC version of iTunes where my music is organized. I have v10.7. I could find where you can export to MP3. Where is that?

Thanks.

Try isyncr. I believe it reads/plays AAC. You may want to consider buying the full version. The free version won't allow you to import a full playlist. Only about 10 tracks at a time (I'm not really sure of a definite amount) the paid version allows you to send over as much as you like. It's worth the digital greenbacks

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

maxxHD

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

Thanks.

Right click on the song and there is an option to create mp3 version. After you do that you can drag and drop the song into your device.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Never thought of that. Was looking in menu bar. All of my music is from CDs I've had for years. Never purchased from iTunes. When I copied the CDs I always chose to convert to AAC because I thought there was less loss. So everything is in ACC.

Unfortunately, when I right-click on a song it only gives me an option to "Create AAC Version".

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Continuing this thread with issues from another .............. playing music from the SD card. I realize the hand-set can recognize and use a 64gig SD card, but is anyone using a large (32-64 gig) card to play movies/music from? There is controversy over whether the native apps can read/play media files from an external card. If someone here has details about this or what may be necessary can they chime in? Thanks.

WrexAndroid

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Google Play Music and set the directory on your PC to the iTunes directory. It will then upload all you music to Google and allow you to stream to your phone or tab.