iphone 5 to Maxx hd

gmoney144

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I bought a iphone 5 3 weeks ago but I am considering the Maxx hd for 3 reasons. One was the battery life, second was getting a partial refund on the ip5 since Best Buy matches Radio Shack price on the Maxx hd(199.99...paid 299.99 for the Ips) and the third was tethering since I have unlimited data. However, after perusing the forums, there has been some difficulty using foxfi to tether. Haven't used android consistently since the original evo so I'm not sure if the wifi tether app is working after getting root access. All opinions are welcome. Thanks!

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I bought a iphone 5 3 weeks ago but I am considering the Maxx hd for 3 reasons. One was the battery life, second was getting a partial refund on the ip5 since Best Buy matches Radio Shack price on the Maxx hd(199.99...paid 299.99 for the Ips) and the third was tethering since I have unlimited data. However, after perusing the forums, there has been some difficulty using foxfi to tether. Haven't used android consistently since the original evo so I'm not sure if the wifi tether app is working after getting root access. All opinions are welcome. Thanks!
You can't keep your unlimited data plan unless you pay full, unsubsidized, price for the phone. I finally bit the bullet and gave up unlimited data. The good news is you then don't need foxfi because the native tethering works well and is free.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I would suggest the jump. I had an i5 for about a week. There's nothing special about it. I know the feud was the s3 and the i5. Which the S3 is the better of the 2. I'm also enjoying my maxx HD way home than my i5 and my s3. Just my 2 pennies :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

gmoney144

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
You can't keep your unlimited data plan unless you pay full, unsubsidized, price for the phone. I finally bit the bullet and gave up unlimited data. The good news is you then don't need foxfi because the native tethering works well and is free.
I was able to keep unlimited data through various loopholes. I got another line and upgraded, switched it to my primary line that has unlimited data, and downgraded the secondatry line to a dumbphone at 29.99. Then got Verizon to waive the fee for canceling the line that has the dumphone on it. Just concerned that if I trade in the Ip5, the Maxx Hd wont be able to tether.