Keeping unlimited data

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I went by my local Verizon store today to discuss purchasing the RMHD and discussed purchasing this phone on my available update line and then switch it over to my primary line and they told me they couldn't do that now I know differently but how do I make the purchase on my spare open line and swap it over to my unlimited plan?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

stonerman34

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Just do like I did...I bought the s3 on my secondary line that had the upgrade but not unlimited data. Activated it on said line, left it there for at least 24 hours. After that time was up, I did an online ESN swap and moved it to my line with unlimited data. If you don't currently have a sim card you can swap with, you will need another one from Verizon. I upgraded with someone who was aware of my intentions, so I had a second sim in hand when I left the store so I didn't have to make a return trip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Yep, a vzw store has to be involved because they have to burn through 4 different SIMs. They did state that VZW frowns on going through SIM cards like that, but it can be done if you get a rep that will do it. The rep I had actually suggested the process to me so I went with it and I still have unlimited on a MaxxHD. Probably be the last phone I will ever have with Unlimited but this phone is so great, I can live with that.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so how do I go about doing this on Amazon's purchase? The phone is 175.00 thru them over 299.00 from Verizon.

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok so how do I go about doing this on Amazon's purchase? The phone is 175.00 thru them over 299.00 from Verizon.

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2

I am not sure it is possible..... I heard that Amazon charges you a free if you move the phone, read the terms and conditions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I went by my local Verizon store today to discuss purchasing the RMHD and discussed purchasing this phone on my available update line and then switch it over to my primary line and they told me they couldn't do that now I know differently but how do I make the purchase on my spare open line and swap it over to my unlimited plan?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Buy it at Best Buy. I've done it twice in the last six months on 2 different lines and they hooked me up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I will go by there this week or weekend and see what they will do for me. Have any of you purchased thru Costco?

Buy it at Best Buy. I've done it twice in the last six months on 2 different lines and they hooked me up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

nat72sherman

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Just do like I did...I bought the s3 on my secondary line that had the upgrade but not unlimited data. Activated it on said line, left it there for at least 24 hours. After that time was up, I did an online ESN swap and moved it to my line with unlimited data. If you don't currently have a sim card you can swap with, you will need another one from Verizon. I upgraded with someone who was aware of my intentions, so I had a second sim in hand when I left the store so I didn't have to make a return trip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I dont get the sim card part.

I have one line with a basic non smart phone. I want to buy a new smart phone for that line then switch over to my unlimited plan one.

Evil Hamster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Verizon store and the rep typed some stuff on the computer, put in the sim from my old Galaxy Nexus and my new RAZR is on my unlimited plan.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
When I used an upgrade line to get my RMHD I used the VZ web site to swap my RMHD with my SGS3, then sold the SGS3. After typing the ESN into the web site I was prompted to swap SIM cards, which I did and all worked.

awiz

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
. Have any of you purchased thru Costco?

I talked to the rep at Costco and he said I could buy an upgrade phone on one line and then switch to the other line there, and keep that plan. However, then he also said he didn't think I could keep Blackberry unlimited data on a Samsung phone. I know the Blackberry plan used to be separate, but it's been showing online as just "unlimted" and not "Blackberry unlimited" for a while now. So I went to a Verizon store and asked about that point, and was told it doesn't matter if I was previously on Blackberry, I can still keep my unlimited on a new phone (if purchased outright - I didn't bring up the switching thing as I didn't want to complicate the issue).

angrybassets

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Just did this the other day. I was sick of the abysmal battery of my Gnex. Added a line for my kid's first phone....he wanted my wife's old iPhone 4 (he's 9, forgive him) since my wife now has an iPhone 5 (she's a woman, forgive her--and her 2gigs of data). Activated the RMHD on his line, switched it to mine then activated the iPhone. Dead sim cards everywhere.