virtual assistant

edneum2

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
does anyone have a virtual assistant that they use on a regular basis. I currently use vlingo and find it is the most dependable. would be nice to have one that has calendar integration...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

MrZack

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Vlingo was sold to Nuance last year. Last week tech support told me they do not support ICS. He also told me Vlingo does not support MS Exchange and suggested I try Dragon (beta). Strange, considering the same tech posted conflicting info just a week before. I've tried many other Assistants. Despite it all, I still find Vlingo to be the most reliable and easiest to use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

klwit307

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been pretty loyal to EVA (although I use the version named AVX). Supports MS Exchange as well as a bunch of other stuff. The dev is very prompt with any requests for help and very dedicated to trying to make it the best it can be.

He has been running into some problems with JB not playing well with some features, but I'm sure he'll resolve them very quickly.

edneum2

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been pretty loyal to EVA (although I use the version named AVX). Supports MS Exchange as well as a bunch of other stuff. The dev is very prompt with any requests for help and very dedicated to trying to make it the best it can be.

He has been running into some problems with JB not playing well with some features, but I'm sure he'll resolve them very quickly.

I tried AVX a while back with my DROID X and was highly impressed only the DROID x couldn't really handle it so I was excited to give it another go with the maxx hd but it was having all kinds of problems as you mentioned. Did you not upgrade to JB or have you been running AVX more recently on JB?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

klwit307

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The only problems I've really had with JB are with bluetooth and the issue with wake mode. Both are known and Peter is working on them. For the most part, the button on my headset launches the Google siri thingie and not AVX, and the constant beep when in wake mode (JB listening for "Google") make wake mode pretty much unusable at this point.

Using AVX in general though has been pretty good. MUCH better overall than on my Droid X, which I upgraded from to my Razr Maxx HD.

You can always give it a try and if not happy, uninstall during the trial period. Wouldn't cost anything but a little time.

My big like with AVX is hands free texting and not having it go to another screen to review and send. It goes from start to send via voice...use it in the car a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87