SGP Screen Protectors

brm17

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone used the the Ultra Clear or Ultra Fine screen protectors from SGP on their maxx? I've been thinking of picking one up and am unsure on how well they work compared to Zagg and others.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The ultra clear is nice and high quality but I don't like how it cuts off before the bezel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

Reactions: brm17

njgsregal

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine on since I got my maxx back in early feb. I love this screen protector and I would recommend it. I have not had it catch on anything but I also have otterbox commuter and my wife has the seidio case and both of them have this screen protector and it has held up great.

Sent with my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2.
;-)

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I used one on my Dinc, and now again on the Maxx. It is true that on the Razr/Razr Maxx it does not go all the way to the edge, which puzzles me, but it has stayed on beautifully for the last 3 months, despite that. Give it a try, there are two in the package, and it'll be a LONG TIME until you will need that second one.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does that cause problems at all? Like it catching on things or peeling off?

It will be fine but I got a bit annoyed when my finger rubbed the edge and I felt it. If you're going to use a protector though, use the Ultra Clear. Best out there other than that flaw.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the ultra clear and recommend it. I also have a high gloss silicon case from VZW so I can't feel the screen protector.

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The only screen protectors I use on my devices. Same complaint, doesn't extend to edge of glass but not a problem with an otterbox commuter case on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Cornholeo

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Used one for two years on my DroidX and slapped one on my new Max, best out there period. Do yourself a favor and do it in the bathroom after letting a hot shower run to steam it up, it kills all the dust.

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Used one on my RAZR, then got a MAXX and used the second one there. Great screen protectors. I have been using them for years on my devices.

Skydog#AC

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I used one on my Dinc, and now again on the Maxx. It is true that on the Razr/Razr Maxx it does not go all the way to the edge, which puzzles me, but it has stayed on beautifully for the last 3 months, despite that. Give it a try, there are two in the package, and it'll be a LONG TIME until you will need that second one.

The SGP protectors are the best, bar none. I have used them on all my phones, Xoom and Cowon J3. The reason the RAZR/RAZR Maxx protector does not go all the way to the edge is because the glass is beveled. The (rigid) protector stops at the beveling -- if it did not, the edges would not adhere to the glass.

tkolgen

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you really need to use screen savers anymore? I haven't used a screen saver for awhile now and I see no scratches or marks on the screen at all. I think the glass they are using is pretty strong and a screen protector is a waste of money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Do you really need to use screen savers anymore? I haven't used a screen saver for awhile now and I see no scratches or marks on the screen at all. I think the glass they are using is pretty strong and a screen protector is a waste of money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nothing stops chance, a grain of sand, and bad luck - not even gorilla glass.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums