Link Ringtone & Notification Volumes

PeteK01

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I know it's a small issue, but it really was nice being able to use the vol-up/down buttons to change both the ringtone and notification sound voumes at once. There's times when I want both of them to be minimal (at work) and other times I want them much louder (at home).

I wonder why this was removed? Does anyone know of an app that will restore this functionality?

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I know it's a small issue, but it really was nice being able to use the vol-up/down buttons to change both the ringtone and notification sound voumes at once. There's times when I want both of them to be minimal (at work) and other times I want them much louder (at home).

I wonder why this was removed? Does anyone know of an app that will restore this functionality?

Light Flow allows you to set the alert volume to change with the ringer volume, and also allows you to set individual application alerts to volumes relative to the alert volume (for example, one email account can have a different alert at a 25% louder volume than the one set by the volume down/up buttons). The caveat is that Light Flow must control all alerts, and they need to be turned off in the individual applications. This is more like the Blackberry alert facility, which I prefer.

Reactions: PeteK01

PeteK01

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Light Flow allows you to set the alert volume to change with the ringer volume, and also allows you to set individual application alerts to volumes relative to the alert volume (for example, one email account can have a different alert at a 25% louder volume than the one set by the volume down/up buttons). The caveat is that Light Flow must control all alerts, and they need to be turned off in the individual applications. This is more like the Blackberry alert facility, which I prefer.

Thanks...I may have to give that a try...

budgetplumbn

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

trinydex

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
light flow is the closest thing to working. you must set every individual app's sound. this is accomplished by going into the the notification menu of light flow and then picking an app like gmail, talk, sms messaging or mms messaging. then swipe over to the "sound" heading. enable light flow notification sound and adjust it how you like.

then you have to go to that app and disable the app's notification sound. this is typically accomplished by opening the app, going to setting under the 3dot pull down menu. then proceed to disable the notification sound by either making it silent or disabling notification sounds altogether.

you also must go into the volume menus and then check the box that says "control light flow notification volume independently of ringer volume." this actually couples the lite flow notification volume to the ringer volume, although i think the sentence is structured to mean the opposite. in any case you can test it by manipulating the rocker switch which will show that the notification volume will move with both system volume and ringer volume.

what an ordeal fixing this.

trinydex

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
light flow is the closest thing to working. you must set every individual app's sound. this is accomplished by going into the the notification menu of light flow and then picking an app like gmail, talk, sms messaging or mms messaging. then swipe over to the "sound" heading. enable light flow notification sound and adjust it how you like.

then you have to go to that app and disable the app's notification sound. this is typically accomplished by opening the app, going to setting under the 3dot pull down menu. then proceed to disable the notification sound by either making it silent or disabling notification sounds altogether.

you also must go into the volume menus and then check the box that says "control light flow notification volume independently of ringer volume." this actually couples the lite flow notification volume to the ringer volume, although i think the sentence is structured to mean the opposite. in any case you can test it by manipulating the rocker switch which will show that the notification volume will move with both system volume and ringer volume.

what an ordeal fixing this.

light flow stopped synching the volume. i don't know why and i can't get it to work again. this is before any update.

the phone updated to 4.1.2 and i had seen screen shots that promised a checkbox that would link the notification volume to the ringer volume. doesn't exist.

people claim volume control by roys allows you to synch the volumes, but i have installed it and checked the box and the notification volume is still unlinked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa