Burnt-in images on screen

BIGsinner

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed this weekend that I have some burnt-in images on my screen. I was doubtful before, but now I'm sure. I usually don't have my screen on that long, (usually a 2-min timeout) but now I see slightly discolored images that stand out on a white background, almost like yellow tinge images of widgets. I went to the Verizon store to see if I could get it exchanged, but they said their Razr Maxx display phones have the same images. I tried to explain that I don't leave my screen on, (unlike they do) but they said that there is nothing wrong with my phone. I've only had my phone for 14 weeks and I'm surprised that this has happened so quickly. Has anyone else had these problems with their screens? And what should be my next step?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Don't waste your time going to the Verizon store if you ever want to get a replacement. Call 611 and hit option 3.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
If there really is an image "burned in" on the Maxx screen, you should be able to see it with the phone's power off and a light shining on the screen LCD displays don't have burn-in problems because they're backlit and LCDs dont emit any light of their own, so I'm not sure where the image you are seeing is coming from.

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If there really is an image "burned in" on the Maxx screen, you should be able to see it with the phone's power off and a light shining on the screen LCD displays don't have burn-in problems because they're backlit and LCDs dont emit any light of their own, so I'm not sure where the image you are seeing is coming from.

You would think that's true but I personally have seen "burn-in" on LCD displays. They typically will have to run for many days/months with the same thing on them the whole time but it can happen. I also believe that is dependent on the quality of the LCD display. However, I agree with you that you really should not see anything on a Razr Maxx display that looks like burn-in. What he might be seeing is some sort of artifact of the LCD panel driver.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

When I was in a vz store it looked like the bottom of the screen had burn in. The demo units are on all day and possible nights so I guess it could be possible. It did not concern me since I do not have a static display for long periods of time. A desk clock app I use periodically moves the time readout just like the old screen savers on pcs. It could be for effect only or to prevent burn in. IDK

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
This is an issue with pentile displays. All 4 of my Gnexs had it and while the resolution is higher on that phone the razr and razr maxx both use super amoled pentile as well. I've seen it in varying degrees so if it's that bad call Verizon and have them send you a replacement.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i have a light image retention on my nexus, and i had burn in on the past 2 of them...it's one of the reasons i'm switching to an incredible 4g

from this point, i am done with amoled...it was truly the one reason i didn't jump on the S3 bandwagon

i am HOPING the razr hd is not pentile or amoled...that would be upsetting