6.16.215 ics update leak

Stone Cold RN

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I have what could be a stupid question. If and when Moto and Verizon come up with a patch update, will that override this or will I have to revert to .211 first to get the patch?

Last edited:

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
How to go back to .211? My wi-fi has gone crazy (shows network available, then disappears). Been running since last night, just started this.

Should just need to use Matts 1.8 Utility and use option 1 to go back to .211. People over at DroidRzr tested it and said it worked fine.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
What have been the changes with the upgrade to .215? I haven't seen the actual changes or differences listed.

Chrome is now the browser and supposedly the LTE should be more stable, but I haven't noticed any difference. Battery life is still okay for me.

This leak kicked my butt last night. I finally figured out what was causing me to lose my home button. I was fine until I restored my apps and system settings with Titanium Backup. The paid edition. Every time I used it I would reboot, and have no home button function. Anyone ever heard of this? Could it be just a goofy file in the backup? I've since downgraded, wiped, reinstalled .215 and reinstalled all apps manually, and everything is working fine, except for root. I had to root twice using Droid RAZR Utility 1.8. Any thoughts? I like Titanium and would like to keep using it.

I just tested it out and did a full restore (apps+system data) and rebooted. Home button still works for me.

Reactions: carmen_612

Schufly

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Chrome is now the browser and supposedly the LTE should be more stable, but I haven't noticed any difference. Battery life is still okay for me.

I just tested it out and did a full restore (apps+system data) and rebooted. Home button still works for me.

Thanks, I must have had a file go sideways when I backed up. I guess you gotta expect that kinda thing once in a while.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed .215. I'll see how it goes. Had a little bit of trouble coming from 214. Was stuck in a fast boot for a while but I figured out how to get out without losing any data using the 1.7 utility

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

aequitasXI

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed .215. I'll see how it goes. Had a little bit of trouble coming from 214. Was stuck in a fast boot for a while but I figured out how to get out without losing any data using the 1.7 utility

Did you use anyone's method to do that? (if so, can you link me to that?)

If not, can you outline the steps you took?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

It's a lot simpler to have downgraded to .211 and installed .215 from there. Glad you worked it out though!

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It's a lot simpler to have downgraded to .211 and installed .215 from there. Glad you worked it out though!

That's the thing, I tried downgrading using the 1.81 utility to restore it back to. 211 using ap fastboot. Whenever it got to anything that needed to be sent to the phone such as system it would come back with a file can't be sent error or something, then windows would pop up saying unrecognized device. From there I was stuck in fast boot mode with a failed flash error. So I went back to the 1.7 utility and used option 2 to unbrick my phone and it fixed it. Saved all my data in the process also, from there it was easy just flashed 215 in stock recovery and bam

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I updated to 215 this morning, but I'll have to wait to see how the battery does. I still think the phone is "sluggish" though, since the ICS update. flipping from portrait to landscape can take SECONDS to occur, which I don't recall it being this slow on GB. I did a factory reset a week or so ago, and I also wiped cache once, prior to today's update. Is there anything else I can do (or need to do) to speed this thing up?

I'm also interested in the downgrade from 215 (just in case).