Penalized for preordering the RAZR

broady

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I preordered the RAZR 10/27/11 at 8am. I called customer service today to follow up on the status of the preorder. Customer Service stated that the preorder was processed and it would ship on the 11/10/11 and it would ship 2 day air however the 12th falls on Saturday so the arrival date should be 11/14/11. 4 days after it has been released in verizon stores. I spoke with 3 different customer service rep's and all had the same response.
I questioned the benefit of the preorder and there only response was you will get a phone reserved for you, In the event of a sale out. This is the first/last time i have preordered and i have never had a problem going to a Verizon store a hour or two prior to the store opening on a launch date to get and receive a phone that i wanted. I thought by preordering it would come a couple days early and i was spending the money anyway for this phone so why not.
When i preordered the verizon rep stated i should receive the phone on the 3rd or 4th of Nov. but he was not 100% sure. I am little put out by expecting one thing and getting the opposite. Anyway i though i would throw out my experience of the day with Verzion.

Rockb19

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I hope you are right about not listening to them because I got the same sort of response from a CS. She told me they couldn't ship until the 10th and I would get mine on the 15th from FEDEX!!! Even the time for FEDEX to g:mad:et it to me sounds fishy!! Got the same response re: why pre-order question.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I would simmer down a bit and reserve the rants for the 11th IF and when the stores have it and you don't. I'm confident that they will ship before they go on sale in brick and mortar stores. "No Later Than" is another word for "Before" without a commitment.

If the 11th comes and goes and I am still waiting for Fed Ex, believe me, I will be screaming louder than everyone here, but for now, I wait patiently...

zegil77

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
seriously.....someone out there MUST know more. Perhaps not the exact date yet, but they must know more.

Has anyone done a preorder in the past? How did that work out?

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
If mine hasn't shipped by 5pm on the 9th, I'm going to cancel the pre-order and just go buy it at the store the morning of the 10th. I'm not worried about it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This is no different than any other type of preorder. Amazon shipped Uncharted 3 to me on Monday, October 31st so that it would arrive on Tuesday, November 1st. I would expect this to be no different.

On a side note, I got my desktop dock for the RAZR from FedEx this morning. Thanks Verizon, now I need ky phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
been hopefully expecting it even before the 10th..

with that being said.. I'll probably be fine with it showing up on the 14th or whenever it does.. not worth me getting fired up about because it aint going to make my package show up quicker.

who knows..I may have a change of heart and just cancel my pre-order and go to the store.. but probably not.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
This is no different than any other type of preorder. Amazon shipped Uncharted 3 to me on Monday, October 31st so that it would arrive on Tuesday, November 1st. I would expect this to be no different.

On a side note, I got my desktop dock for the RAZR from FedEx this morning. Thanks Verizon, now I need ky phone.

I got a shipment from FedEx today...I was excited. However, the boneheads at Telesales never fail to disappoint. Instead of receiving the Lapdock500, RAZR Desktop dock and RAZR car dock, I received accessories for the Bionic. The same accessories I returned 3 weeks ago when I returned the phone.

Idiots.

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I also pre ordered the phone on Monday and I better have that thing in my hands by the 10th or else I will never pre order another phone from Verizon again.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The complaining in here is ridiculous. I'm almost positive that it will arrive by or before the date in question. However, when you ordered the device, it clearly stated that it "Ships by November 10th". As such, as much as you may hate to hear this, you shouldn't expect it to ship before then and arrive a few days later.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The complaining in here is ridiculous. I'm almost positive that it will arrive by or before the date in question. However, when you ordered the device, it clearly stated that it "Ships by November 10th". As such, as much as you may hate to hear this, you shouldn't expect it to ship before then and arrive a few days later.

jeez.. I'm just expecting/hoping it ships early purely based on wishful thinking.. I'm not going to be mad at Verizon if it doesnt.

If I didnt have the handset by the 14th or 15th.. I would unleash a furious storm on Verizon.. but until then I have no problem.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
jeez.. I'm just expecting/hoping it ships early purely based on wishful thinking.. I'm not going to be mad at Verizon if it doesnt.

If I didnt have the handset by the 14th or 15th.. I would unleash a furious storm on Verizon.. but until then I have no problem.

That's fine, I wasn't referring to you at all. None of us paid for or had the option for release date delivery so Verizon isn't at any fault if it arrives a few days late. As long as I have it within a week of release, I'll be happy. Everyone has the right to their opinion, but as I said, Verizon never agreed to "Release Date Delivery" and you accepted without those terms being included.

However, again, I do believe we will see the RAZR's sooner than the 10th. Relax.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
From what I was told... come the 10th, orders would be shipped over night via Fed-Up (yeah, not a fan of these guys either).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty