4G all but unuseable

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem on 2.3.6, but while I was running the leaked 4.0.3 I had no issues at all. Much more reliable data connection. I blame the radio package...

WarEagle78

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got a RAZR within the last 2 weeks. I still have my iPhone 4S. I had acute Droid envy after seeing my daughter's DINC2. FB is hideously slow on my iPhone and you can watch the battery drop quickly while using FB. So far pretty happy with the phone. The pictures are terrific and its shutter lag is almost negligible, as opposed to the iPhone.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It's a Verizon 4G thing. These same threads have been popping up on other 4g boards the past couple weeks. I've had to completely turn off 4g on my razr and stick with 3g.

Cbollo

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah its sporadic.. Sometimes it wont drop for hours, and sometimes its every minute, making it unusable.. Its really starting to pi$$ me off. Might wait to see if ICS changes anything before I start hounding verizon

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jay clues

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Lafayette, IN as well, and I'm having the same exact problems. White 4G icon and no data connection. It's been going on for 2 months and I'm started to get pi$$ed too. Yesterday was really bad. I've found that it seems worse after I've travelled across town. It's almost like the towers are having problems handing the devices connection from tower to tower. I have found that when I get home I have to reboot my phone to get it to stop dropping the data connection. (4G icon - White) Hopefully they get this fixed soon.

Reactions: Cbollo

skelley2

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I also started experiencing this problem a month or two ago (May/June 2012).
I'm on a Motorola Droid 4
Android 2.3.6
System 6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US
Signal Level: 4 of 5 bars.
Plan: Family Shared 900 with grandfathered Unlimited Data from the Alltel buyout.

Some days the 4G LTE works fine, some days it will occasionally not work, other days it simply won't work at all. The issue isn't limited to the Facebook App, but any app that accesses the internet. Interestingly when streaming music via Pandora it never seems to stop playing even when the connection is down, perhaps Pandora does a good job at buffering enough a head of time, otherwise the data outage is just limited to NEW connections and not existing data flows.

Same symptoms as posted here.
Will have BLUE 4G LTE signal, as soon as an app is opened that accesses data the signal indicator turns WHITE or GREY and the app says "Data Connection Lost" or "No Data Connection" or the webpage will timeout. Sometimes I can wait a while and it will start working, other times I just put it into Airplane Mode for a second then turn the radios back on and it temporarily resolves the issue for a few minutes.

I doubt it is my phone because I have a family member with the DROID RAZR and they have the exact same problem. The internet is full of this exact complaint yet when I've tried to contact Verizon support they don't seem to be aware of the issue and simply want me to keep factory restoring my phone...which hasn't fixed the problem yet and I don't have days and days to argue with them anymore. I haven't even been able to reach a verizon support rep that knows what the BLUE versus WHITE/GREY signal indicator means.

The only fix I have found is to disable 4G and only let the phone use 3G, it is rock solid and never looses connection.
To do this, go to Settings, --> Wireless & Networks, --> Mobile Networks, --> Network Mode, --> select CDMA only.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Blue means you're logged onto Google's servers. White means (in theory) that you have data, but are not logged into Google. In reality, for 4G at least, it means no service at all.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

blueglacia

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Temporary solution to Verizon 4G disconnect problem: My Razr Maxx (ICS: less frequently) and new Razr Maxx HD (JB4.1.2: much more frequently) both had persistent 4G disconnect problems on Verizon. It tends to occur about twice (or more) a day: around 8am and 11pm (plus at other times as well). "Network Type and Strength (under Settings)" shows 4G signal remains strong during the disconnect. Rebooting obviously restores the connection immediately. Instead, I quickly toggle Flight Mode on and off, which re-engages whatever system service responsible for holding 4G connection. This suggests to me that a modification within Android could easily overcome this disconnect issue even it the problem stems from Verizon's 4G handshake architecture (read: This Is Why Your Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Or Other 4G LTE VZW Phone) Is Losing Its Data Connection). Only if Google is aware of this issue and the solution.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Flight mode is of course a workaround, but what is needed is a permanent solution in the form of either a network upgrade from VZW of a patch from Google.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa