Awful battery life on ics

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is awful. I have switched to 3G only and that has not helped at all. I would estimate that my battery life has been cut in half since update on the morning of June 30. Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts? Can I expect the battery life to improve over time?

sj993

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, at first my battery life wasn't great either. After I rebooted, wiped the cache and did a full discharge/recharge it has been fine since.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell me hot to wipe the cache? Do you mean the cache in the browser? That I know how to do. Or is there another cache to wipe also? Thanks.

Last edited:

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has suffered as well...I'd looked more details on this wiping the cache as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My display is taking up more than 80% of battery life. But I have it set to about 20% brightness and my screen is off about half the time. Why is this happening?

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Can you tell me hot to wipe the cache? Do you mean the cache in the browser? That I know how to do. Or is there another cache to wipe also? Thanks.

No. You need to get into recovery by first turning off your phone than holding the volume +/- rocker down while pressing the power button. Go down to recovery then volume + to select "recovery". I think you will get a droid lying on its back. Push both volume +/- then scroll down to wipe cache and select by pushing the power button.

bubbadog

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I just get the Android lying in his back w/o any selections to scroll to. After a couple of minutes the phone rebooted normally. Have tried 3 times with same results.

wolfpackarmy

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any battery issues. My battery life has actually improved, although I have noticed that the screen is taking an inordinately large amount of power.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have an app that clears cache and all that good stuff. Does that do the same thing as the recovery clear? Cuz my life seems a little worse too. Mostly with the screen, even dimmed down

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

sj993

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Once you get the droid lying on it's back you need to hit both the volume + and volume -. You will then get into standard recovery.

Correct. It will not work unless you hit both volume buttons, then it immediately goes into recovery. Make sure you do not hit the power button as that is only for the initial step.

sj993

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
The display usage is also the highest consumption on mine as well, although the battery still lasts the same as on gb despite this.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone answer my question about the cache clear app vs. recovery clear?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just get the Android lying in his back w/o any selections to scroll to. After a couple of minutes the phone rebooted normally. Have tried 3 times with same results.

After you get the android on his back you need to press both volume + and - at the same time quickly. That will bring you to Motorola recovery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
My wife's RAZR is having similar battery issues. I will have to try the recovery thing tomorrow. My daughter's MAXX is updating right now. I assume the process is the same since these phones are the same inside...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non