Get this screen protector for your epic - Realook

aclays

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to throw a little input on anybody still choosing a screen protector. I found some people on the forums here saying the realook protector was very good, so I decided to try my luck.

I absolutely love this screen protector. I got all the dust and air bubbles out easily enough, and you without a close analysis you couldn't tell there is a screen protector there. It perfectly covers the entire screen.

The feel is the most important. My wife tried a screen protector from our local third party cell shop. Her phone feels all rubbery on top now. Mine you can barely feel the difference. My fingers glide along the screen so well I completely forget I've got a screen protector on there.

Took me about 15 minutes to apply, mostly due to my lack of ability to keep dust from getting underneath the screen. Without the dust problems it would have been a 30 second installation. It doesn't use any kind of glues or liquids that could ruin the screen. After a full day in my pocket, the screen has not budged. This thing really is a keeper.

Trust me. Buy this for your epic 4g. Now.

Amazon.com: REALOOK Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Crystal Clear Premium LCD Screen Protector 2 Pack: Cell Phones & Service

Realook_small.jpg

Larger resolution picture:
Realook_1.jpg

gmdphd

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Does this screen protector create any haze effect? Does it have cutouts for the front camera, microphone or ear piece?

aclays

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Covers the front camera, but makes no difference as far as I can tell. Cutout for the front earpiece, yes. Microphone is on the bottom of the phone, so that's null.

When you say haze effect, do you mean on the graphics? There is zero change on the screen visuals. I've watched a few youtube vids, played some games, etc. All perfect.

egeorge1

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
On others I've seen cutouts for the camera, proximity and light sensors. You said you can't tell a difference with the camera...how about the sensors? How about the capacitive buttons?

aclays

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Capacitive buttons feel the same, but I've had to press pretty hard to get them to work from the start. However since I don't notice any difference with the screen I assume that would carry over. Proximity sensor works the same, not sure how to test the light sensor.

Last edited:

iilex

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I've also purchased the realook screen protectors from Amazon. These work moderately well as an antiglare shield though there is absolutely no difference in image quality with or without them on.

They're fairly scratch resistant, though I left mine unprotected with my headphones and the reinforced connector scratched up a bit next to the Samsung logo. All in all, these are the best 10 bucks you will ever spend for this phone, try them out!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I read in a review that these are more of a plastic material than rubbery. The only screen protector I ever had for a phone was a phantom skinz. I loved the feel of it because it was so smooth and it never attracted fingerprints. How does this thing compare?

nKoan

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I installed this screen protector on my phone last night, and it is by far the easiest screen protector install I've ever done. No liquid or adhesives and no downtime on installing it.

I'm a little concerned that maybe it isn't sticky enough (compared to other screen protectors) but so far it hasn't budged. And, when I tried to remove it due poor placement the first time through, it was very difficult to remove.

Anyway, the screen is nice and smooth. Almost as smooth as the naked glass. The capacitive buttons and screen response don't seem to be diminished at all. It does seem to attract slightly more fingerprints than the naked glass, but other than that I'm happy after 1 day.

aclays

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
It definitely attracts more fingerprints than the naked glass, and it's a little more difficult to clean them off. But it's really not that bad, and in return for a scratch free screen it's worth it. The gorilla glass really is super easy to clean off though, so keep in mind that I'm comparing only to that.

After a weeks use, it still hasn't budged from the surface despite the lack of any adhesive. It's has gotten a few scratches, but they're pretty small. Screen is still smooth as ever.

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just put this on my Epic today. Feels almost like the original glass and I can't tell it's on there.

The best advice I can give when installing any screen protector is to install it in the bathroom letting the hot shower run for a few minutes before entering so it's steamy so no dust will be in the room for a dust free install.

AgentRedlum

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Put this screen protector on last night. Very easy to do and it looks great! I've had IS and phantom skinz. For me, this beats them both. Love the look (can't tell it's there), and I don't get that rubbery feel when swyping! Not having to install w/ water is a plus as well.

AgentRedlum

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just put this on my Epic today. Feels almost like the original glass and I can't tell it's on there.

The best advice I can give when installing any screen protector is to install it in the bathroom letting the hot shower run for a few minutes before entering so it's steamy so no dust will be in the room for a dust free install.

Great tip! I couldn't find a spray bottle for water at home. So I used Febreeze. Not a good idea. I was gagging on the fumes. But, it DID work.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Great tip! I couldn't find a spray bottle for water at home. So I used Febreeze. Not a good idea. I was gagging on the fumes. But, it DID work.

Windex would of been a better alternative. When I used to run out of application fluid on the field, if I couldn't get my hands on some dish washing liquid, windex would do the job.

pcorlatan

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
+1 to REALOOK's awesomeness. I put mine on about a week ago and could not be happier. I constantly forget it's there and am more comfortable sticking it in my pocket with other items, which I still try to avoid to be safe. Besides being more of a fingerprint magnet there's nothing I can see wrong with it. Time will tell how long it lasts but I am definitely thrilled so far.

vtphilk

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
+1 .. At first install the screen did have a little purple haze but after about 24-48hrs it was completely gone.

I am having a heck of a time with the back button...anyone else or do i have a bum back button. Don't remember that much of a problem before the install of the cover so assume it was the protector..

Anyway to make the button more sensitive?

aclays

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
The back buttons sensitivity seems to be back and forth to me to be honest. Sometimes I just tap it and it works, other times I have to press really hard...