APK extraction

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is there an easy way to get all the apk files that I dl'd on my phone from the market to my computer?

Yes... What purpose is this intended for?

All apps you download from the Market are installed to a specific location. Also normal system apps such as Gmail.apk, if there is any updated versions on your device they will have the updated version installed there too. Using ES File Explorer (free), Root Explorer or other root level access app you can copy and paste these from this location to your sdcard. Then once they are on your sdcard you can transfer them to your computer.

Using ES File Explorer, etc... Navigate to /data/app/

There you will find all the apps installed on your device... They will all have a file name like... com.adobe.flashplayer.apk

If your using ES File Explorer it shows the actual ICON of the application next to each filename to make identifying them easier.

Last edited:

damillatime

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I need to do some troubleshooting. And every time I wipe all my apps, I always forget to install a few apps. I've had bad luck in the past using Titanium and getting a bunch of fc's at some point. So I just want to have a backup of all my apps that I can install without having to remember every time I need to do a factory reset.
Thanks, Paul.

damillatime

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes... What purpose is this intended for?

All apps you download from the Market are installed to a specific location. Also normal system apps such as Gmail.apk, if there is any updated versions on your device they will have the updated version installed there too. Using ES File Explorer (free), Root Explorer or other root level access app you can copy and paste these from this location to your sdcard. Then once they are on your sdcard you can transfer them to your computer.

Using ES File Explorer, etc... Navigate to /data/app/

There you will find all the apps installed on your device... They will all have a file name like... com.adobe.flashplayer.apk

If your using ES File Explorer it shows the actual ICON of the application next to each filename to make identifying them easier.
Paul, when I got to the "data" folder in ES File Explorer, there is no "app" folder. just a beautifulwidget folder, a keramidas folder, and a telsa coil folder. To get to "/data/app/" should it show "/sdcard/data/app"? I enabled showing all the hidden folders in the settings.

jmuru

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You're looking on the SD card when you should be in the root directory. On ES File explorer, click the pic of the blue star on the top left of the screen, then pick phone, and then navigate to data/app.

Reactions: damillatime

damillatime

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You're looking on the SD card when you should be in the root directory. On ES File explorer, click the pic of the blue star on the top left of the screen, then pick phone, and then navigate to data/app.
Okay. Now when I get to the data folder, there is no "app" folder. In fact, there are no folders visible within the data folder.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you have root level access enabled in settings?

Go to Settings in ES File Explorer... Near the bottom enable Root Level access and then also check the box for allow write access below it....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall