Much needed help!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys!

I'm on Legendary RC 2.2 ROM. I want to install CM9 ROM (I know its alpha) and wanted to know if I do install this rom, will I be on EI22 or does CM9 automatically update me to EL30? If it doesn't update me, how can I at least update the modem from EI22 to EL30 and should I do it before I flash CM9 or can I do it after? Also, if I have to many problems with CM9, can I just flash my nandroid backup to previous ROM or will it be more difficult since I've read that you can't flash back to BML from MTD?? I've been reading so much on this that I feel I'm on information overload! Thanks in advance for any help!!

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about the Radio? If you are, it's whatever you are on. CM7 and CM9 don't update the radio at all.

If you mean it as a software version, it'll be neither, since it will be CM and not TW based.

The installer WILL move the phone to MTD. To go back to BML, you'll need to use ODIN back to stock, than root/nandroid back to your previous rom (you did save right!?). Most of the rom devs have also made their roms MTD compatible, so if you don't like CM9, you can pretty easilly flash a new version of most roms right over it, with all the benefits of MTD in place still.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about the Radio? If you are, it's whatever you are on. CM7 and CM9 don't update the radio at all.

If you mean it as a software version, it'll be neither, since it will be CM and not TW based.

The installer WILL move the phone to MTD. To go back to BML, you'll need to use ODIN back to stock, than root/nandroid back to your previous rom (you did save right!?). Most of the rom devs have also made their roms MTD compatible, so if you don't like CM9, you can pretty easilly flash a new version of most roms right over it, with all the benefits of MTD in place still.

The modem not the radio....or are they both the same??

Yes, I did back up everything and made a nandroid backup of my old rom. So, I just can't flash back to my old rom (legendary rc2.2) because its BML so I have to flash back to stock and go through the whole rooting processing all over again.....*sigh*....lol!

I flashed to CM9 today and tried flashing the modem from EI22 to EL30 and it didn't work. EI22 modem has been pretty bad for me thats why I'd like to change to it to that.

Thanks for your help ratsttam!

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I did back up everything and made a nandroid backup of my old rom. So, I just can't flash back to my old rom (legendary rc2.2) because its BML so I have to flash back to stock and go through the whole rooting processing all over again.....*sigh*....lol!

I flashed to CM9 today and tried flashing the modem from EI22 to EL30 and it didn't work. EI22 modem has been pretty bad for me thats why I'd like to change to it to that.

Sorry. Modem = Radio

I think there is a cwm or odin file floating around that will flash the el30 over your old one. I did the "official" update so I'm already on the EL30 modem.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

As you are currently rockin' CM9, get yourself over to the developer site at XDA + find wtogami's two threads..............download this one: [RECOVERY][BML][MTD].......... from sd card, a Flash solution that let's you temporarily Flash to CWM BML recovery so you can update your modem w/out having to ODIN back to stock.......once you flash the EI22-to-EL30 zip delta, you reboot right back to CM9 (or CM7 or whatever MTD ROM you happen to be on)............you can even do Profile Updates from there, it's pretty awesome!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
As you are currently rockin' CM9, get yourself over to the developer site at XDA + find wtogami's two threads..............download this one: [RECOVERY][BML][MTD].......... from sd card, a Flash solution that let's you temporarily Flash to CWM BML recovery so you can update your modem w/out having to ODIN back to stock.......once you flash the EI22-to-EL30 zip delta, you reboot right back to CM9 (or CM7 or whatever MTD ROM you happen to be on)............you can even do Profile Updates from there, it's pretty awesome!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much man!! Much appreciated!!

I am LOVING LOVING LOVING CM9!!! I don't think I'm ever going back to legendary, lol! The ONLY gripe I have so far with CM9 is the battery life but its not that bad though. I'm sure with future upgrades that they'll improve on that. This rom is just too damn sexy!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty