CM 10.1 M2 Announced--anyone try it?

boocephus

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
It's no worse than cm10 or cm9.

I kind of like google now's functionality, so I am dealing with some crap battery life issues. I thought it was really laggy, but I disabled all the animations and transitions and it is snappy. I am trying to find a good kernel for it. i have no idea where the one I have came from, but it doesn't apprently support overclocking. It is 3.0.56.

I don't think that googlesphere is supported. I am using the release from 20130304 M2

One cool thing is I completely wiped everything this time and it automatically restored most of my apps with no intervention from me. I have titanium backup and did restore data to some, but not all apps. I didn't care about text messages, so I just let them go. The only thing I lost was a couple tasker profiles. I had one that took a pic by pressing an icon on my home screen. It doesn't open the camera app. There was another one that took a pic when I texted it a phrase, but that one is gone too.

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I just installed it. Frickin Epic4G is such a beast to be able to handle stuff like this as old as it is. And there's still a bunch of development over on XDA. I've moved to Verizon, so this is a play phone for my daughter now--wifi only. So battery life not an issue here. CM10 started giving her some errors, so I wiped and will try 10.1.