[ROM] Epic Experience Froyo v2.0.07

dmlee

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Also, the link in the OP redirects to the old thread pertaining to the 1.xx versions based on Eclair instead of the 2.xx Froyo thread.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
also for anyone that doesnt want to read all of the posts from the forum. I had the 2.0.0 installed and installed 2.0.1 over it and mine is great. People that went from eclair straight to froyo 2.0.1 are having issues. So wipe everything 3 times like always, flash the 2.0.0 then just flash 2.0.1 overtop without any wipe. Like i said mine is running great with no issues at all. No FC's or anything

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
also for anyone that doesnt want to read all of the posts from the forum. I had the 2.0.0 installed and installed 2.0.1 over it and mine is great. People that went from eclair straight to froyo 2.0.1 are having issues. So wipe everything 3 times like always, flash the 2.0.0 then just flash 2.0.1 overtop without any wipe. Like i said mine is running great with no issues at all. No FC's or anything

+1 for installing 2.0 before 2.0.01

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I followed prior instructions to install 2.0 before 2.0.01 and get constant market closes... can't even fully install an app...

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
OK, I wiped and tried it a different way... initially I installed 2.0.00 and then 2.0.01 right on top of it... I cleared everything, installed the old one, updated settings, cleared dalvik twice, and then installed the new one and it does actually appear to be working better... 4G works fine... the only thing I have not been able to test yet is GPS but hopeful it will work as no one else has reported problems there... I do continue to have issues with one app on several 2.2 ROMs I've tried... for the life of me, I cannot get ESPN Radio to play live streams out of the speaker... the program loads and looks like it's streaming, but no sound... it's weird because Pandora, Tune In Radio (including sports talk ESPN streaming) and other apps appear fine... anyone else having the same issue? Other than that, liking the ROM so far... will comment on battery life in a day or two...

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Figured out the issue with ESPN radio via a wider web search... apparently Froyo renders certain types of AAC music and streams differently than 2.1 does, so many are having issues with ESPN app unless they perform a convoluted ADB push edit, which apparently affects other aspects of the phone...

Aside from that, does 2.0.01 have GPS fix built in, because my GPS worked fine on all 2.1 ROMs and Quantum, but CANNOT find a signal on Epic as of yet... tried in 2 wide open areas this morning after giving GPS 5 minutes to find a lock where normally it would take 30 seconds or less... and I have an original Epic that was one of those phones that NEVER had GPS issues whatsoever... I'm perplexed because others report GPS working fine... this ROM can't place me closer than 2 blocks to my location in NYC in a wide open area...

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Figured out the issue with ESPN radio via a wider web search... apparently Froyo renders certain types of AAC music and streams differently than 2.1 does, so many are having issues with ESPN app unless they perform a convoluted ADB push edit, which apparently affects other aspects of the phone...

Aside from that, does 2.0.01 have GPS fix built in, because my GPS worked fine on all 2.1 ROMs and Quantum, but CANNOT find a signal on Epic as of yet... tried in 2 wide open areas this morning after giving GPS 5 minutes to find a lock where normally it would take 30 seconds or less... and I have an original Epic that was one of those phones that NEVER had GPS issues whatsoever... I'm perplexed because others report GPS working fine... this ROM can't place me closer than 2 blocks to my location in NYC in a wide open area...

not sure why, with mine i get a lock on 6 sat's in 10 seconds from inside my house.

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't get it... I installed everything clean... didn't even restore from clockwork or titanium, so there is no reason if my GPS was working before, that it should not be now with this ROM, especially if yours is working... very bizzarre...

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Probably sound like a broken record on some of these threads, but I was wondering what the battery life is like with this one. How does it compare to the baked snack mods?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had good battery life with all the Froyo leaks, but not as good as Baked Snack. Definitely enough to get me through the day though.

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Baked Snack is old news, until he releases any rom, we will be on android 2.8
epic experiance 2.0.03 gives me good battery life