AOSP Lock Screen On stock RFS

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys thanks for reading this what i am wanting to know is this

I have a Samsung epic on eb13 rooted with clock work 2.5. I can not go over to EXT4 that is DEODEXED yet because it will break blue tooth i use it a lot and the voice dial so until they get this fixed i will be on the RFS file system.

So I am wanting to change to the AOSP lock screen the stock 2.2 but the one i have found requires a DEODEXED eb13 rom... only way i have found to do this is to convert over to ext4 and that will be DEODEXED is there any other way of getting this on here for odexed roms?

Thanks Royce

Last edited:

stilesja

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I am stock eb13 with ext4 cwm3. I installed genocide 0.3a kernel and I don't have any problem with Bluetooth. For voice dial I use vlingo and it does fine too. I was wary because I read about bt problems also but I don't use mine that much. Motorola hs720 Bluetooth.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Nice thanks :) another qustion for you if I do said steps odin back to di18 then update again to the deodexed eb13 pre rooted can I restore the backup I made with clockwork 2.5 from a stock eb13... or are there some more steps I need to do?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't restore a backup made from an odexed system onto a deodexed one using Clockwork, because Clockwork will restore the odexed apps (that have external odex files) onto your deodexed system (where all the odex files have been internalized into the apks).

Better route: use something like MyBackup Root. Once on the deodexed system, re-download apps you need from the Market. Then restore only data (not apks+data) using MyBackup Root.

Reactions: gitit20

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty