Stock Pre-Rooted Deodexed Zipaligned Png Optimized EC05 Tar 4/7/2011 Fixed Both Tars

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
i was checking auto reboot and debug en
could this have caused the problems?

Auto Reboot is a given, that is normally checked. Debug wouldn't affect anything.

Probably using the older Odin 1.0, which still works. You can download the updated v1.6.1 and see if that makes any difference.

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe this is the wrong thread but I am a heavy BlueTooth user, are there still BT issues wiht EXT4?
I'm itching to move beyond rfs

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Maybe this is the wrong thread but I am a heavy BlueTooth user, are there still BT issues wiht EXT4?
I'm itching to move beyond rfs

No I believe Syndicate and Bonsai/midNIGHT both have Bluetooth functioning very well.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
i wouldnt think ext4 would affect bluetooth?? but i dont know i dont use bluetooth.. flash it and give it a try..
When EB13/EC05 were in the beginning stages before all the custom kernels came rolling out EXT4 conversion due to the kernels not being ready yet was breaking some of the bluetooth functions. I think it was the voice dialing to be exact. This was resolved shortly afterwards.

chris41g

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
well in the modified tar the voice dialing has been removed anyway, but can be easily put back in using the restore zip.. but im pretty sure bluetooth is fully functional, i just dont use it so YMMV

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Quick report-
BT does seem to work after half a day of use in the car and with headphones so far.
I dont use Voice Dialing so didnt miss it in the modified tar.

bigrawr

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My issues with BT were with it syncing with my Tucson. It would not sync my contacts and I had issues with the voice commands. Are there syncing issues still? I don't use headsets/headphones, nor voice dialing through the phone itself (just through the car...same difference?)

So with the above, would I need to use the restore zip for the voice dialing?

chris41g

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My issues with BT were with it syncing with my Tucson. It would not sync my contacts and I had issues with the voice commands. Are there syncing issues still? I don't use headsets/headphones, nor voice dialing through the phone itself (just through the car...same difference?)

So with the above, would I need to use the restore zip for the voice dialing?

in the stock tar you wouldnt have to restore anything.. in the modified probably but i dont know for sure..

heres a zip to restore all the voice related apks just incase..

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Reactions: bigrawr

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to stop the AdBlocker?
I am using Medscape which I've read is not able to download data due to the ad-blockers.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Downlod the app "AdFree" from the Market. Open it, and press the "Revert" button. You now have ads.

Sent by a little green robot

Reactions: scoob

chris41g

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Awesome.
Who knew??? I had to install an adblocker to bring ads back to get Medscape working!
Thanks.

Thats one of three ways..

1. Install adfree and revert.

2. Delete hosts file and let the system generate a new one. (/system/etc/hosts) for people who dont want more software installed.

3. Edit that same file and take out whichever blocked hosts are affecting that certain app, so the rest of your adds are still blocked.

Reactions: scoob

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips Chris, but I had already tried to use ES explorer to change the host file but was allowed to mess with it at all- as if I didnt have the correct permissions to mess with the system files.

What explorer system are u using?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tips Chris, but I had already tried to use ES explorer to change the host file but was allowed to mess with it at all- as if I didnt have the correct permissions to mess with the system files.

What explorer system are u using?
Scoob, the best money you could spend on something in the Market is an app called Root Explorer. Its $1.99 if I remember, and it will allow you full access to Root level files. You can delete, rename, move, copy, paste, zip, unzip etc. etc. right on your phone with this app.

chris41g

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Root Explorer is good.. If you dont spend money then there is yaffs explorer and ghost commander. I use ghost. but i mostly use a modified version of putty that uses adb and do everything through an adb bash shell

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty