OSX/Windows 7 USB connection issues

keymakerOvvvv

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am currently running ACE rom, trying to odin/heimdall my epic back to stock, but haven't been able to properly connect to a PC yet. This is a problem that I had even with the stock rom.

Whenever I connect to a mac (I have tried several), I get an "IOUSBFamily is unable to enumerate device" error. Turning USB debugging on/off doesn't help. I have found one mac that is able to mount the SD card, but has the same IOUSBFamily error when I put the phone into download mode.

I have also tried using Windows 7, with debugging on/off, installing/uninstalling 32bit and 64bit drivers, etc. with no success.

Any suggestions on what I can try next?

qbking77

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I am currently running ACE rom, trying to odin/heimdall my epic back to stock, but haven't been able to properly connect to a PC yet. This is a problem that I had even with the stock rom.

Whenever I connect to a mac (I have tried several), I get an "IOUSBFamily is unable to enumerate device" error. Turning USB debugging on/off doesn't help. I have found one mac that is able to mount the SD card, but has the same IOUSBFamily error when I put the phone into download mode.

I have also tried using Windows 7, with debugging on/off, installing/uninstalling 32bit and 64bit drivers, etc. with no success.

Any suggestions on what I can try next?

If you're using the stock samsung cable... get a new one. It sucks. I use a blackberry one and it works great.

keymakerOvvvv

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
If you're using the stock samsung cable... get a new one. It sucks. I use a blackberry one and it works great.

I've also tried using a cable from my old palm pre since the quality seemed better than the stock cable, but I got the same behavior on both OS's. Maybe I'll have to pick up a blackberry cable, it seems like it's fixed many people's issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez