[ROM][Sprint][JB][08/25/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
okay so im not alone here!! my wifi is broken so i have to reflash. i think it just didnt go over well from the beginning. my steps were:

flash el26, flash alpha 17, go back to alpha 17 kernel, did not wipe anything (because everytime i wiped cache, data, and dalvik, the rom wouldnt work), flashed euroskank (got the status 7), flashed gapps, rebooted... it worked but wifi is broken

Im assuming its because dk said wipe everything but system and idk if wiping the system meant wiping dalvik. idk. but that might be why. the only other way is if its cause i came from alpha 17 instead of 18. imma go through trials and see where i wind up because the way i flashed euroskank was a lil unconventional but i'll let you know

I'll say it again...flash A18 from the EL26 kernel/recovery and then boot into the stock recovery on A18 then wipe ONLY the cache and dalvik cache. Install the new port and then the gapps and then fix root and you should be golden.

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][PORT][08/13/2012] Jellybro Euroskank CM10 [Nightly]

Hey is anyone else having wifi problems...everything else works great but wifi wont turn on. Clicking on the toggle causes it to briefly switch to on then go back off...just asking cuz the OP says wifi works. i also reflashed the rom twice and the problem persists.

Wipe and reflash report back,
My buddy had the same issue, and once he wiped and reflashed it wasn't a problem anymore. Sometimes, the wipes do not take, try it twice.

Good luck,

nothingblooms

Last edited:

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

The people that are having issues it is a really good idea to take a step back read through the threads. Before you brick your phone , wait for a beta release. Alpha's are not for beginners and should not be taken lightly. Please for your own sake, go back to something stable. We are all here to help, however you need to have knowledge of these things.

Take care,

nothingblooms

Reactions: k1llahurtz

WhoAmI

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Here's what I did:
- Booted to Recovery (TWRP 2.2.1 from AOKP Stable 2)
- Flashed 41g-CWM-control12-0809.zip (reboot)
- Attempted CWM6 backup (reset part way through - never finished)
- Wipe/Factory Reset
- Wiped Caches
- Installed Jelly (got error 7 - never continued like OP said it should)
- Installed Gapps
- Rebooted system from CWM6 (never asked to fix SU binary!)
- bootloop :(
- Loaded CWM and tried install again (crashed CWM crashed again)
- Gave up and used CWM6 to flash AOKP back again...

Not sure what I did wrong but something with the kernel sure didn't seam to like my phone! I'm currently skimming the XDA-drama for some insight. Guess I'll be sticking to AOKP for a bit longer.

Keep up the good work though!

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Woke up to a dead phone this morning. It says time without signal zero percent but I don't believe that to be accurate considering this battery dump. Oh well, as soon as we get a new kernel this ROM will be perfection. Thank you for doing everything you can do and putting in so much time.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Woke up to a dead phone this morning. It says time without signal zero percent but I don't believe that to be accurate considering this battery dump. Oh well, as soon as we get a new kernel this ROM will be perfection. Thank you for doing everything you can do and putting in so much time.

You could of put it on the charger for the night? Just a thought!!! Hint hint

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I did:
- Booted to Recovery (TWRP 2.2.1 from AOKP Stable 2)
- Flashed 41g-CWM-control12-0809.zip (reboot)
- Attempted CWM6 backup (reset part way through - never finished)
- Wipe/Factory Reset
- Wiped Caches
- Installed Jelly (got error 7 - never continued like OP said it should)
- Installed Gapps
- Rebooted system from CWM6 (never asked to fix SU binary!)
- bootloop :(
- Loaded CWM and tried install again (crashed CWM crashed again)
- Gave up and used CWM6 to flash AOKP back again...

Not sure what I did wrong but something with the kernel sure didn't seam to like my phone! I'm currently skimming the XDA-drama for some insight. Guess I'll be sticking to AOKP for a bit longer.

Keep up the good work though!

4 out of my 5 testers got it working without issue.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
You could of put it on the charger for the night? Just a thought!!! Hint hint

Lol thanks for the tip! I fully charged it before bed. I wanted to to test deep sleep and battery drain. I couldn't get any deep sleep info sadly, since it died. It's another day though and it's all gravy baby :thumbup:

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Lol thanks for the tip! I fully charged it before bed. I wanted to to test deep sleep and battery drain. I couldn't get any deep sleep info sadly, since it died. It's another day though and it's all gravy baby :thumbup:

I did the same thing you did with complete opposite results

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Battery is OK for me if I'm not using the phone...I'm a heavy user so my battery only last about 4 hours tops on this ROM.

mattboy9921

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Wipe and reflash report back,
My buddy had the same issue, and once he wiped and reflashed it wasn't a problem anymore. Sometimes, the wipes do not take, try it twice.

Good luck,

nothingblooms

ok yes so i odined el26, flashed alpha 18 then only wiped cache and dalvik, then flashed the new rom and gapps and now wifi works...gonna test deep sleep and all now..

isaac2k10

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

you can not judge battery on first day of flash, it's always gonna drain fast. Let it sit, setup something to control the cpu (SetCPU, Rom Toolbox, Tegrak, etc.) to set different mhz at different situations to help control battery. I found out on all the previous builds (DK's, XDA's, etc; i test them all), if you let the phone settle in for a day or so battery life increases drastically and LoS decreases. Just my two cents :)

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

you can not judge battery on first day of flash, it's always gonna drain fast. Let it sit, setup something to control the cpu (SetCPU, Rom Toolbox, Tegrak, etc.) to set different mhz at different situations to help control battery. I found out on all the previous builds (DK's, XDA's, etc; i test them all), if you let the phone settle in for a day or so battery life increases drastically and LoS decreases. Just my two cents :)

This guy gets it! :thumbs up: :cool:

tamathdb

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad the tasker_los.zip i put together is getting out there and helping some people. Still a pain though. And if course I'm not taking credit for it, just making it easier for people who can't figure out the b*tch that is Tasker. Has anybody had problems with it or has it been doing it's job?

Reactions: Dark_Knight2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez