[ROM][Sprint][JB][08/25/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigergoalie7

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Not sure but honestly I prefer the WiFi tether apk vs the built in tether settings. Find it on my server posted above. If that's what you're talking about then yes it does work perfectly

This is the only thing that keeps me from fully loving my jb experience, I downloaded the one off your server and tried using on 4G but it's not broadcasting. This is my apk of choice normally and I've always used the GNex (toro) profile but this one isn't working for me. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

jayteck91

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Sprint][JB][08/23/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightlies]

Anyone else get a symlink error when trying to install Nightly 5 ? It
Aborts half way thru the install every time
Edit: even did a full wipe and back to el26 still get the same "some symlinks not made"

Last edited:

thecloudyowl

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

I might be just confused on this but i flashed sbrissen's 8/22 kernel after seeing that my kernel on build 5 suggested it was 8/21. after flashing the 8/22 kernel it still says 8/21 in my kernel version...am i making a mistake or is this correct?

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
My phone isn't going into Dead Sleep, how do I fix this?
Also, battery is draining really quickly, went from 100 to 88 in 45 minutes. And some root apps say I'm not rooted.
P.S. This is my first time flashing a JB rom

Mine was doing the same thing last night. I decided to wait it out so I charged I all night. This morning morning since I've been at work it is deep sleeping now. Not sure what was causing it last night but it was acting like a stubborn child at bed time lol.

theo0723

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Also, battery is draining really quickly, went from 100 to 88 in 45 minutes. And some root apps say I'm not rooted.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Get better battery stats or a like app, try to figure out what app is causing it. My guess? Maps. Open it up, let it update to the latest version and find your location, then close it down.

rft183

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site

As for the root apps, check out the op. There's a Q and A about it.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

tigergoalie7

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

So, successfully installed Sprint Build 5 and Gapps 08-10 from el26 using CWM 5 with no issues at all.

Two power cycles, once while trying to get a gps lock with Google Maps and once while watching a video from my Gallery going from portrait to landscape and back to portrait again. Had one instance of the phone getting stuck in landscape but going back to the home screen cleared that up instantly.

4G connected after the first "Unknown" error as expected but I noticed that the WiMax radio is powering itself off completely instead of "sleeping" as it does in GB or ICS builds. Behaving just like a wifi inactivity power save would. I'm going to make a huge assumption and say that that may be a reason why a wireless tether and 4G will not play nice with eachother. I don't know nearly enough about the nitty gritty of the programming side of things when it comes to Android, strictly hardware for me. At least that's all that Sprint has trained me as a tech on thus far.

Anyway, just throwing out another user experience out there, love the Rom DK, excellent work yet again!

iskatebad45

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Any way to get the advance settings from nighty build 3?

I wanna turn off the touch keys.

Agreed, DK are you going to be pushing this in future builds? In nightly 2 is said nexus in the heading and I'm on nightly 3 yet and it says epic 4g touch.

tonydelante

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

I really want to update to build 5 but I'm waiting to hear about problems. Are there no problems or is everyone just still sleeping? I should specify "new" problems

psych0r3bel

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site

Okay, I've got a question that seems to NEVER get answered. This ROM runs near perfectly for me, get like maybe 9-10 hours of moderate use (after first flash too, so I'm sure if I let it 'cook' it'd probably be longer). So first off I guess I'll just say amazing job on this to all involved (regardless of the first few pages of drama). On to the question. Is the media volume bug still in this rom? The one where you can't raise the volume on a headset past the first 1/3rd of the way up, regardless of whether quiet volume is on or off? Is there any kind of workaround for that? That's the only dealbreaker; I love JB and I love the ROM otherwise, but seeing as I'm a bit of a music geek and I use my phone as a media player, not being able to hear my music the way I want it is a dealbreaker when tied in with the fact that i still get the random, rare LOS, which I could deal with if the volume issue wasn't...well, an issue. I've seen people ask this question and get flat out ignored, so I went through every single page of every single Jellybean ROM thread and saw it in every thread, with no answer. So even if there is no fix, please let me know. Thanks!

tl;dr, I wanna pump up the volume. Can I? Give me a yes or a no, please. :]

gruntdonut

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site

Not sure but honestly I prefer the WiFi tether apk vs the built in tether settings. Find it on my server posted above. If that's what you're talking about then yes it does work perfectly

thanks bro, i'll give it a try
and i appreciate you hosting the roms on your public site, it's very convenient
(I lurk mostly)

Reactions: deakelem

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I've got a question that seems to NEVER get answered. This ROM runs near perfectly for me, get like maybe 9-10 hours of moderate use (after first flash too, so I'm sure if I let it 'cook' it'd probably be longer). So first off I guess I'll just say amazing job on this to all involved (regardless of the first few pages of drama). On to the question. Is the media volume bug still in this rom? The one where you can't raise the volume on a headset past the first 1/3rd of the way up, regardless of whether quiet volume is on or off? Is there any kind of workaround for that? That's the only dealbreaker; I love JB and I love the ROM otherwise, but seeing as I'm a bit of a music geek and I use my phone as a media player, not being able to hear my music the way I want it is a dealbreaker when tied in with the fact that i still get the random, rare LOS, which I could deal with if the volume issue wasn't...well, an issue. I've seen people ask this question and get flat out ignored, so I went through every single page of every single Jellybean ROM thread and saw it in every thread, with no answer. So even if there is no fix, please let me know. Thanks!

tl;dr, I wanna pump up the volume. Can I? Give me a yes or a no, please. :]

Yes media volume is low. That is literally the only issue I'm having. I've yet to have los or airplane mode bug. Battery life is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.