new fc07 modem??

rocker22dallas

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
On my e4gt, i currently have android 4.0.3 ICS, and the FC05 modem.

calkulin has released FC07, which i would like to update to, because i have not gotten very good reception with the FC05 modem.

that is where the problem comes in. in installing ICS, i lost CWM. here is the XDA page with the original calkulin post.

i cannot seem to find a .tar file to flash via odin, there is only .zip for cwm. i would like to get this installed soon, if anybody has any ideas i would love the input.

the only way i can think as a possibility would be installing a gingerbread based rom via ODIN, installing CWM, and redoing the process, but that seems like a lot when all i need to do is update a piece of the operating system, not the whole thing.

thanks for any help you can give!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry sfhub. I forgot to mention that you also have everything one could want nicely organized and easy to find.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
How stable and complete is the FC07 release?
Im currently on Stock Rooted EL29 Kernel ROM and FB27 Modem and my Epic Touch is working well.

I guess i am not wanting to have to do a lot of redoing everything. LOL I did that a lot with my original Epic and my 3D. I am happy with my device and think its working well but am wanting to get ICS on it. However i am looking for the right stuff to do it with. I see FC05, 06 and 07 and am thinking i should wait as maybe there are still bugs being worked out.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
How stable and complete is the FC07 release?
Im currently on Stock Rooted EL29 Kernel ROM and FB27 Modem and my Epic Touch is working well.

I guess i am not wanting to have to do a lot of redoing everything. LOL I did that a lot with my original Epic and my 3D. I am happy with my device and think its working well but am wanting to get ICS on it. However i am looking for the right stuff to do it with. I see FC05, 06 and 07 and am thinking i should wait as maybe there are still bugs being worked out.

It's very stable, but not finished. If you want everything working perfectly, and don't feel like redoing your whole ROM setup, I would hold off on ICS for the time being. Also, a FB13 RDF just went up so we'll probably see another leak soon.

In addition, the combination of the ICS kernel Samsung created and CWM is hard bricking phones in certain circumstances. So moving between ROMs takes more time and is more involved to avoid the risk of bricking. I'm going to have a post up today warning of this and the steps that need to be taken to avoid a brick event when working with the ICS leaks and CM9.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks JayWill72 Thats the info i was looking for.
Im happy with my device, just wish i had better data speeds but i got a feeling its not my device causing that issue. LOL

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Within a week, I went from FC09 to a leaked FC19. But I think I jumped too fast, because there are only 3 ROMs that work with this modem and two of them I never could stand, and the other one was so PINK and weird, I just HAD to get rid of it. So right now Im running CM9 which I cant stand, but can tolerate for now until something INtERESTING besides a cyan colored android on a skateboard drives me to run off into the desert naked as a jaybird and pulling my hair out LOL!
Thanks,
Ridge :cool:

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Within a week, I went from FC09 to a leaked FC19. But I think I jumped too fast, because there are only 3 ROMs that work with this modem and two of them I never could stand, and the other one was so PINK and weird, I just HAD to get rid of it. So right now Im running CM9 which I cant stand, but can tolerate for now until something INtERESTING besides a cyan colored android on a skateboard drives me to run off into the desert naked as a jaybird and pulling my hair out LOL!
Thanks,
Ridge :cool:

You can run any modem with any rom. Did you mean kernel by chance?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez