[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I sent DK a pm but he never got back to me (probably have a lot to sort through) so I'll ask here. Can I Mobile Odin to stock EL29 so I can flash AOKP or CM9? I know I can Mobile Odin the EL26 kernel but I don't wanna just flash from the JB recovery to a GB ROM, don't wanna risk the brick.

So in short, can I flash the stock ROM .zip file through MO? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!

Don't take this personally, as it's not necessarily directed at you, but ...

GUYS! IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE BASICS OF FLASHING AND WORKING WITH ODIN AND CWM ON THIS PARTICULAR PHONE, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT MESSING AROUND WITH EXPERIMENTAL ROMS UNTIL YOU DO!

With that out of the way, here's your answer ...

Just get all the files for the ROM you want to move to onto your phone, then Mobile Odin the EL26 kernel/recovery and use that recovery to flash wherever you're going. If you have issues getting the files onto your phone on the JB ROM, Odin the EL29 One-Click, install CWM and flash from there.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
What I've been doing is MO stock cwm5 el26, then reboot in to recovery and flash the CM9 ROM.
Not really the answer you are looking for I'm guessing, but maybe you can use it for reassurance.
Did you do this off of one of the jelly bean builds?

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't take this personally, as it's not necessarily directed at you, but ...

GUYS! IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE BASICS OF FLASHING AND WORKING WITH ODIN AND CWM ON THIS PARTICULAR PHONE, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT MESSING AROUND WITH EXPERIMENTAL ROMS UNTIL YOU DO!

With that out of the way, here's your answer ...

Just get all the files for the ROM you want to move to onto your phone, then Mobile Odin the EL26 kernel/recovery and use that recovery to flash wherever you're going. If you have issues getting the files onto your phone on the JB ROM, Odin the EL29 One-Click, install CWM and flash from there.

I don't take things personal, this is not my first experimental build. I just didn't have time to switch ROMs last night and I'm stuck at work. Wanted to know if I could flash with MO. I pm'd DK and told him the situation, he just never got back to me. So you're saying I can just MO the EL26 kernel on JB B4 and boot into recovery and flash different ROM? I know it seems confusing and noobish as hell and I am sorry about it.

izzibew26

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Staying within 1 block radius ive auto switched to two different networks and on/off 3g and experienced no LOS yet. everything seems to be working fine for me. interestingly enough the intital install was giving me problems with bootloops when done per the op. brissens install worked but was still a bit touchy. rc1 went in without a hitch, same method. Has anyone else been solely using a recovery restore instead of flashing the rom base to go back to prev condition?

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Something I've noticed, not sure if it means anything....

With me LOS occurs more often while on the charger. Only had it once in 2 hours on battery.

Can u get me a logcat of that situation. that might be the key to solving this. all the logs ive seen has not produced any smoking gun as of yet. Ive been making educated guesses.

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got LOS with my AirRave unplugged...still trying different scenarios. Seems to be happening more often on my phone. Was barely happening and now is very often. Wonder what changed...

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got LOS with my AirRave unplugged...still trying different scenarios. Seems to be happening more often on my phone. Was barely happening and now is very often. Wonder what changed...

Could be any number of things. Hopefully that one user who reported the LoS while charging comes thru with a logcat. I need a smoking gun.

dabora3003

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Just installed RC1 and will test for LoS (no GApps)
I can provide a logcat for that, I just don't know how.
Can someone inform me how or give a link that does?

After, I'll install JB GApps and test and I can provide another logcat after that if it will help!

dabora3003

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Quick question here, does text (SMS) work because I cannot send a single text message :eek:

Please actually read the forum before posting questions that have been answered.
We need to be able to find the posts we need without clutter.

Yes, sms works, but LoS (loss of signal) has been a big issue that we are currently trying to resolve. If you can't send a text, it is most likely because of LoS.

Reactions: gibbs296
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress