AOKP Screenshots!

dweeze87

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good! It goes down to 160 in aokp. Sounds like that toolbox could help get rid of some apps, I'll check it out. Thank you for the apk and for the info. I was nervous to mess with the LCD settings but now that I'm educated on what it actually does, I'll be doing this on a regular basis!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Not a problem brother. If there is anything else you need help with or have questions about feel free to hit me up and I will help and if I cant, I will try. With Rom Toolbox you can edit build prop, change fonts among other things. Its pretty awesome. Talk to you later.

Edit: I can help you get rid of the capacitative buttons so they dont function or light if you want to just roll with the Nav bar?

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I shut off the lights since I'm loving the nav bar. Didn't know you could disable them though?

dweeze87

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I shut off the lights since I'm loving the nav bar. Didn't know you could disable them though?

Pretty easy to do, its just a matter of erasing four little lines within a file. If you want to them back all you would need to do is just re enter the lines.

dweeze87

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm all ears...or eyes...:p

System/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl

Select sec_touchkey.kl and you will see the four lines. You will need to delete these. Once you delete them the keys will still work until reboot.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
In Ice Cream Sandwich, Google has placed a Google search bar on every homescreen. What if you don?t want this search bar? While there is no option to turn it off, XDA member oscillik has found a simple trick to turn the bar off. Just go into Settings > Apps > All > Google Search and hit Disable. The downside to doing this is that your Google Search app will no longer work?but hey, there?s always Google.com!
I don't recall doing this myself, but since I can't remember how I got rid of it here is another option

dweeze87

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
In Ice Cream Sandwich, Google has placed a Google search bar on every homescreen. What if you don?t want this search bar? While there is no option to turn it off, XDA member oscillik has found a simple trick to turn the bar off. Just go into Settings > Apps > All > Google Search and hit Disable. The downside to doing this is that your Google Search app will no longer work?but hey, there?s always Google.com!
I don't recall doing this myself, but since I can't remember how I got rid of it here is another option

If you use Nova Launcher you can turn off the "persistent google search bar." When you first enable Nova, there is a google search bar at the top but if you long press, you can remove. Then within Nova settings you can either disable the bar or have it in portrait, only landscape or......I think your getting the point.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I also didn't even think of the fact that I could just freeze Google search with SD maid.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Wait, if you lower the DPI to 180 and have the nav bar enabled, wouldn't the phone resort to a tablet like interface? I would love to try that lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Wait, if you lower the DPI to 180 and have the nav bar enabled, wouldn't the phone resort to a tablet like interface? I would love to try that lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

It's like a mini galaxy nexus.

Browsing the web at 180-200dpi is AMAZING.

Last edited:

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_2012-07-26-06-27-26.png

I am liking my mini tablet phone.

carrsteven00

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
vwg3o.png

I love this ROM with the tablet mod from xda.. DPI @ 120.. Have been using ParanoidAndroid and miss the per app density but its developer left and no one else picked it up..

Edit: apparent I can not post my screenshot...

Sent from my AOKP M6S2 Samsung Epic 4G Touch!

Reactions: Lee7144

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress