Best screen protector to keep original feeling

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm in love with the hardware of my essential phone but have to say that I'm pretty heart broken that it is now the first smartphone of my 8 or so ears of using smartphones that has broken the screen due to a drop. I got a warranty replacement and now I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting a screen protector. My last one also got a few very fine micro-scratches around the front camera which I was never able to figure out, so I'm feeling like this screen is a little more fragile than I prefer.

Does anyone have recommendations for a screen protector that 1) doesn't create so much friction that it feels like you're swiping on rubber, and 2) maintains the "2.5D" glass curve on the edge of the screen? I guess if I had to pick a #3 , it would be that it doesn't stand out or LOOK like a screen protector.

Any and all advice is so appreciated!

Stinger4321

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm in love with the hardware of my essential phone but have to say that I'm pretty heart broken that it is now the first smartphone of my 8 or so ears of using smartphones that has broken the screen due to a drop. I got a warranty replacement and now I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting a screen protector. My last one also got a few very fine micro-scratches around the front camera which I was never able to figure out, so I'm feeling like this screen is a little more fragile than I prefer.

Does anyone have recommendations for a screen protector that 1) doesn't create so much friction that it feels like you're swiping on rubber, and 2) maintains the "2.5D" glass curve on the edge of the screen? I guess if I had to pick a #3 , it would be that it doesn't stand out or LOOK like a screen protector.

Any and all advice is so appreciated!
Orzero seems to be the best bet.. They have an all adhesive model coming out soon that will help with the visual issues and popping off with a screen protector.. here is a link to their current model. If you could wait i would
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075VMMZPG?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6078213

Stinger4321

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
A huge appeal of this phone is it's look with no case. Once you put a case I'm not sure it's the phone for me. It's a catch 22 because I also know that although I am very good with my phones I will drop it eventually and I doubt I will be all that happy afterwards.

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I installed Active Shield wet install film, let it dry overnight and put the phone into a Tudia case. The two side edges could be felt, so it had to be a hair too wide. The case causes the film edges to lift. A properly fitting glass one is do much nicer than this film. it feels nothing like the screen and is covered in fingerprints.

Stinger4321

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I will be interested to see your thoughts, my original ones lifted a bit and allowed dust to get between it and the screen.
Same as my originals.. i contacted them about it and they sent me a coupon code for the new model.. maybe you could contact them and see if they could help you out?

Last edited: