From Note 8 to PH1

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
not sure how scratch resistant the back of the phone actually is as it spent the day in my suit jacket pocket and still has some very light scratches on the back. they're barely noticeable but I know they're there. grrrrrr

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
not sure how scratch resistant the back of the phone actually is as it spent the day in my suit jacket pocket and still has some very light scratches on the back. they're barely noticeable but I know they're there. grrrrrr

Sure seems like suit pocket material would not be abrasive enough to effect the coating. That's a shame. Are you one not to use a case?

I'm still on the fence on this phone. Some things I really like about it and others like this and the speaker grill material make me leery.

anon(10268214)

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
Sure seems like suit pocket material would not be abrasive enough to effect the coating. That's a shame. Are you one not to use a case?

I'm still on the fence on this phone. Some things I really like about it and others like this and the speaker grill material make me leery.
No way it scratched that easily. Not unless your pocket was full of pebbles and you rolled down a hill. Lol.

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
No way it scratched that easily. Not unless your pocket was full of pebbles and you rolled down a hill. Lol.

Lol.. yeah it's weird although I've heard of others complain about receiving this device with light hairline scratches on the back. I'm not the biggest fan of cases tbh and actually appreciated the fact that this phone was advertised as being super durable.

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
decided to stay with the essential phone! as I'm back to using my note 8 and after tinkering with the p2xl there was something about that phone that I missed.. I think it was how compact it was while still providing an excellent and manageable screen size

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
decided to stay with the essential phone! as I'm back to using my note 8 and after tinkering with the p2xl there was something about that phone that I missed.. I think it was how compact it was while still providing an excellent and manageable screen size

Both the note 8 and P2XL we're just way to big for my hands. Amazing devices but I had the same issue with both, just to hard to handle as I don't have overly long fingers.

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
so it appears Blackberry work is not compatible with essential phones. I can't believe that after this whole phone debacle I'll have to send it back because of this one issue. unfortunately I use this for work and can't have a phone without it.

anon(10268214)

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
so it appears Blackberry work is not compatible with essential phones. I can't believe that after this whole phone debacle I'll have to send it back because of this one issue. unfortunately I use this for work and can't have a phone without it.
That issue has already been posted here, surprised you didn't see it. Oh yeah, you did. Ha ha...

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
FYI...power efficiency on S7 will definitely feel like a downgrade. Barely makes it to the end of the day with just moderate use.

Yes I had an s7 edge a few months back and I do remember that. Currently have the pixel 2xl in hand and after a couple of days of usage I'm quite impressed. Still keep missing the essential phone and it's bezel-less design as well as its compact size. I don't know if I can justify having to carry around two phones (the s7 for work since blackberry work isn't compatible on essential) or just the pixel 2xl that can serve all my needs and is in fact compatible with bb work.

anon(10268214)

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
Yes I had an s7 edge a few months back and I do remember that. Currently have the pixel 2xl in hand and after a couple of days of usage I'm quite impressed. Still keep missing the essential phone and it's bezel-less design as well as its compact size. I don't know if I can justify having to carry around two phones (the s7 for work since blackberry work isn't compatible on essential) or just the pixel 2xl that can serve all my needs and is in fact compatible with bb work.
Personally I would go with two devices regardless. Bring the S7 to work and power it off after hours and on weekends. Its called freedom. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress