Blueant Q2 headset and my Evo

aewatsonsr77

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased the blueant Q2 bluetooth headset and I absolutely love it. It's much more advanced than my old jawbone icon or any other bluetooth that I've owned. My question is that there's supposed to be a free android app that allows text messages and email to be read to you through the headset but I can't find it anywhere in the marketplace. Can someone please enlighten me because this seems to be a really nice function to have. Thanks!

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I recently purchased the blueant Q2 bluetooth headset and I absolutely love it. It's much more advanced than my old jawbone icon or any other bluetooth that I've owned. My question is that there's supposed to be a free android app that allows text messages and email to be read to you through the headset but I can't find it anywhere in the marketplace. Can someone please enlighten me because this seems to be a really nice function to have. Thanks!

Fricken nice headset isn't it. I picked mine up about 2 weeks ago and I still can't find the Q2 app in the market. I even emailed Blueant, which by the way is a total joke, and never heard back from them. I guess we just wait till it shows up in the market.

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have one as well & it is indeed one of the best... Don't look like it's available yet but when it is you could check here or the market...

mizzos4

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
And CallerID Reader.

I have the Q2 also. Loved it until I left it in the front pocket of my laptop case and somehow broke the earbud piece off. Be careful with how you handle yours. Haven't checked with warranty yet but this seems like poor build quality considering my cheaper Samsung headset has gone through worst abuse.

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I spoke with BlueAnt yesterday (I have the Q1 and am looking into buying the Q2) and they said that HTC has to approve the Q1 or Q2 app that is compatible with Froyo 2.2. They expect this to happen hopefully by the end of the month. Also if you have a Win 7 64bit PC, their update software won't work (I know because I have Win 7 64bit) and they are working on this as well and it should be ready in 2-3 weeks.

BTW - The earpiece breaking is a known problem with BlueAnt. They have a great return policy. If you bought the unit at AT&T just take it back and they will exchange it. I have had two break on my Q1. The 3rd time it broke I just put super glue on it and it has worked perfectly ever since. When I spoke with the Tech last night he said that they supposedly fixed this issue on the Q2 and that it was a design flaw on the Q1. They have a two year warranty. AT least when you call tech support you get an American and NOT someone in India (I have called 2x) and got an American both times, they are really friendly and knowledgeable.

tx_jaycee

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the Q1 and the app is working on Froyo 2.2 (I'm running CM6). I have had no real issues with the device and have upgraded the firmware to the latest version.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear that the Q2 is such a great BT!
My Problem is, they sent me a coupon code yesterday, to order one directly from them, and my pc crashed last night, and I lost the email..when I called them this am, they said sorry, cant give you the code.
I have 2 other blueants, and I was offended they wouldnt help a loyal customer!

Anyone have the code they circulated via email?

Thanks!

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
tx_jaycee - Where did you get the App. I look on the marketplace and all I see is the Apps for the T1 and S4. Would appreciate the Q1 app. Thx

The code that I got in my e-mail yesterday is: colony
It's good until Aug 31st

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Colony. I have a Q1 currently and could not get a replacement when my earpiece broke off, because I no longer have the receipt. I generally make it a rule to keep my receipts - not sure what happened to this one. Anyway, I also superglued mine, and it works like a champ.

I am seriously considering the Q2; my Q1 is the best bt headset I have owned. The only one that comes close is my Blueant Z9...:)

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the code guys!
Blueant is out of them till next week, so I dont know if I should just go to ATT and pay full price or have some patience!
using a Jawbone Icon right now; did anyone come from an Icon to the Q2?
how do you compare the 2?

thanks!

tx_jaycee

May 25, 2010
Visit site
That post came out kind of goofy. Sorry

Go to "http://www.myblueant.com/android" from your phone and download the app.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
textura