Blueant Q2 headset and my Evo

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a Q1 at a local sore ($45). If you go to the Blueant site and poke around you can find the direct link for the android app. Do it from your desktop. Much easier.

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
tx-jaycee - Where is the download button. I can't seem to find it. It's probably right in front of me but I don't recognise it. Thanks for your help. My Q1 is ypdated to the latest firmware (V 8.21). I just don't see where I can download the Android App.

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Fricken nice headset isn't it. I picked mine up about 2 weeks ago and I still can't find the Q2 app in the market. I even emailed Blueant, which by the way is a total joke, and never heard back from them. I guess we just wait till it shows up in the market.

Funny, I went from blueant to an icon because blueant's tech support is terrible. I had the i9 (or something like that) and a month into it the earpiece broke. They sent me back a USED one with a battery that lasted literally 20 minutes. After tons of emails and a 2 week wait I got another one. It was also used and an older model. That was it for me.

To the guy who said their tech support is great - completely disagree.

Last edited:

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
quick, mini review on the Q2 I just picked up..

1. Sound Quality BLOWS AWAY ANYTHING I have had before, and I have had them ALL..
2. Bing Search is incredible; directions, stocks, weather, business look up, and its all interactive
3. NO Blue Tooth drop out/Break up..Listening to Slacker, Pandora, no break up even when walking around with the phone in my pocket
4. Clear, Crisp sound, rivals any home/wired phone I have used
5. Great fit, lightweight, and comfy, even with earhook
6. Works great with Vlingo

Hate paying 129, at ATT store, but this is the new best of the best..

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Guys, I can't thank you enough for this thread. I bought an Icon and am having lots of problems with it. I thought it would be near perfect because I had my other Jawbone for 3plus years.

I really just needed to upgrade to something that did A2DP. I'm now going to do some searching on this Q2 headset

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I really like my Q1, but it doesn't seem to play well with Google's native voice dialing. I don't know if it's because I have their app or what.

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a Q2 today and will charge it up and see how well it works (will update). It definitely feels sturdier than the Q1.

Edit: Google made Vlingo FREE today. No longer $10:)

Last edited:

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I can't thank you enough for this thread. I bought an Icon and am having lots of problems with it. I thought it would be near perfect because I had my other Jawbone for 3plus years.

I really just needed to upgrade to something that did A2DP. I'm now going to do some searching on this Q2 headset

The Jawbone Icon does a2dp and does it very well.

MyTALK Personalize & Update Your Jawbone ICON

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I owned the Q1 previously and the same thing happened to me......I called blueant and they did a warranty replacement with no problems.

Dude.. i want to thank you... i called blueant today.... and they are completely honoring the warranty...

I've had this earpiece just sitting in a drawer and was ready to buy the q2 (i have 4 or 5 earpieces now...) and the fact the company stood behind it's product says a lot to me.

They are fedexing me the replacement....

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site

I gotta tell you, this headset BLOWS AWAY EVERYTHING else out there; makes the Jawbone Icon sound like a tin can; I have one going to Ebay right now!
No breakup when listening to music, which used to plague Blueant headsets, awesum fit, Bing 411 is a gas!
and, there is no better sounding mono headset out there, PERIOD!
I have had every high end headset in the last 2 years, and this is the undisputed king..

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
This headset is AMAZING. The sound is Awesome. I had/have the Q1 and it sounds nothing like the Q2. I actually have to turn down the volume on the headset and phone because it was too loud. With the Q1 I had to turn everything to Max. Sound isolation on the Q2 is as good as it's gonna get. I can't believe how good this unit sounds. Kudos to Blueant for a remarkable device. It may cost more, but it's definitely worth every penny.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Ok, let me rephrase that is the Q2 worth $80 more than the T1? They seem to have pretty much the same features, both have the android app, wind armor, dual mics, etc.......and the T1 can be bought at Newegg new for $49 free shipping.

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what you are looking for. The $80 extra is worth it to me, especially for the sound clarity. The Q2 had the best sound I have ever heard from a BT device and I have had some of the best over the last two years including the Motorola H12 and the Blueant Q1. It puts those units to shame. I guess it's up to you in what you are looking for in a BT device. I want the unit with the best sound quality and I am willing to pay for that.

Plus if you buy a Q2 from AT&T you have 30 days to try it out and if you don't like it you can exchange it for a T1 and recoup that $80

Last edited:

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried the T1? Just want a point of reference.

Most reviews on it say it was steps above the Q1 in sound clarity........

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I can't say that I have. Sorry. I can only speak about a comparison between the Q1 & Q2. The T1 is newer than the Q1 from what I have heard (IDK for sure).

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
The Q1x is now like $35 on Newegg right now. I considered it, but I don't want a headset that blinks all the time. Got the Jabra Extreme instead.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
As a note, when you do the upgrade, it will not work with Windows 7. You gotta have Vista or XP. I had the Q1 then went with the T1. They both have issues with the Evo. Often times I have to turn off the device and turn it back on to connect them. The headset says it is connected and when a call is made, it goes through the headset. Most annoying and it happens regardless of which headst I use.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick