Question: Is my Evo eating my charger cables?

AutumnLove

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I have had my Evo since launch and I have already been through 5 charger cables. The HTC one that came with the phone fell apart. So I went out and got a rocketfish charger, which lasted about 3 weeks and stopped charging the phone. I tried to charge my dad's Boost phone with it and it wouldn't charge that phone either. So I thought okay cable is dead.

I bought 3 USB cables to charge the phone. I figured I can have one at home, one at work and then just a spare. I am down to my very last one this week. None of them lasted more than a couple of weeks and then the phone stops charging with it. It doesn't even see if it's plugged into a computer unless I give it a brand new cable.

So is it completely silly of me to think somehow my phone is eating/killing the cables? The cables don't work with any other product after the Evo doesn't recognize them.

Is this some how a phone issue? If anyone has any information or any suggestion they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. are you putting the cables in upside down or sideways jamming them in until you get it right and thus damaging them?
2. rocketfish and other non-OEM cheap cables from ebay are garbage IMO and should be avoided. i only buy Sprint or HTC OEM cables.
3. what exactly do you mean that the HTC cable "fell apart"?

AutumnLove

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
1. No

2. I have never had any problem with rocketfish or other non-OEM cables. I usually by 1 or 2 as extra. So I can keep one in my bag and one at my desk at work. Sometimes I work 20 hours so I like to be able to charge my phone from where ever I am. The other two USB cables are from HTC.

3. The plastic around the mirco USB split apart. I guess it wasn't glued correctly or something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty