How to get SMS to sync with Messenger / Chat Heads?

Dylan Oyer

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Droid Razr HD- I updated Messenger today to get Chat Heads and i like them, but i don't have the setting to enable SMS to use Messenger as my default texting app, which would allow me to use Chat Heads for that as well, any ideas? Thanks! - Dylan

koms122

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem! There's no setting for me in the Facebook Messenger app to enable SMS. Solutions would be helpful! I have the S3.

koms122

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
ng6kg2.png

That's what I'm getting when I go into settings. My brother has the S3 as well but he has the option. So I'm not sure what's up with that.

mongstradamus

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
From what I have noticed, it seems like if you have an custom ROM installed SMS fb messenger integration won't work.I don't really know any way around it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Jerry Balch

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here... I'm on a Verizon note 2, I have a custom ROM and actually reverted to a stock ROM and everything and still don't see the option for sms, my coworker with the same phone and has the sms.

Rygel TM

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Am having the same problem on my Note2. The thing is I have 2 FB accounts. On one account the chatheads work but no SMS/MMS option in settings. When I log into the other account, the SMS/MMS option is there but the chatheads don't seem to appear. I haven't been able to find why messenger works differently in my accounts.

mongstradamus

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Custom ROMs don't seen to work with SMS integration, I reverted back to stock on my phone then it started to work. I backed up the app reverted to custom ROM, restored app and tried again still didn't work

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Harmageddon

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
i know I'm late to the party but I'm on a rooted Droid Bionic with a custom rom (CM10.1) and I have chat heads working for sms. I checked in fb messenger settings and there was the option for sms/mms. Enabled I get a chat head notification for sms...

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the option on my Sprint S3 for SMS integration, what I'm noticing is my version number is 2.5.2, maybe you need to update your Facebook Messenger?Screenshot_2013-05-17-20-14-33.png

I'm not rooted, stock Sprint ROM 4.1.2 MD4.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem getting it to work on my stock Note 2. Hit text sms/mms in the menu, brings up a check box. Have the same build as the post above me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryricherd