lately i have been getting those horizontal square boxes on the center of my phone whenever i have a new alert.

this could be "today's birthday" or a new message from messenger, etc.

how do i remove this?

before i never got this. is this because of a new update?

i would just prefer a notification ringtone and then a small alert on the notification tray up top as opposed to a large horizontal box in the middle of the screen.

thanls for your assistance.
    02-20-2015 05:00 PM
    It is due to the new update on the Facebook app, and for them to appear, you had to approve them the first time (which is why we must read dialog boxes before hitting YES). But fear not, it's totally optional. Just open the Facebook app, tap the Menu Button (the three horizontal bars on the right), scroll all the way down and find APP SETTINGS. There, you can choose to enable or disable LOCK SCREEN NOTIFICATIONS.
    gatorrich likes this.
    02-20-2015 05:20 PM
    It is due to the new update on the Facebook app, and for them to appear, you had to approve them the first time (which is why we must read dialog boxes before hitting YES). But fear not, it's totally optional. Just open the Facebook app, tap the Menu Button (the three horizontal bars on the right), scroll all the way down and find APP SETTINGS. There, you can choose to enable or disable LOCK SCREEN NOTIFICATIONS.
    thank you very much.

you have been very helpful.
    02-20-2015 05:28 PM
    02-20-2015 05:31 PM
    Is there another way to disable that? I guess the new update did away with that option because I don't have it.
    03-27-2015 03:14 PM
    Ummm, I still have them. And updated to newest version. Menu button, scroll down to App Settings, scroll down to Lock Screen Notifications. If you're on Lollipop, then that's another story. That's a system-wide setting and it should be in your phone's settings, not just Facebook's.
    gatorrich likes this.
    03-27-2015 03:52 PM
    Ummm, I still have them. And updated to newest version. Menu button, scroll down to App Settings, scroll down to Lock Screen Notifications. If you're on Lollipop, then that's another story. That's a system-wide setting and it should be in your phone's settings, not just Facebook's.
    Yeah, I'm on lollipop. I also tried to look through the lock screen settings on the phone but didn't see anything. I'm sure it's there somewhere...im just looking in the wrong area. I'll keep digging.
    03-27-2015 05:41 PM
    Try your LockScreen settings or finding a 'Notifications' section.
    gatorrich likes this.
    03-30-2015 11:06 AM
    Try your LockScreen settings or finding a 'Notifications' section.
    I found this, I turned it off and it worked but I miss having my email notifications. There has to be an option somewhere to just turn off the Facebook window that pops up. If not, hopefully the next FB update will address this.
    Attached Thumbnails removing FB notifications on home page?-1427763075577.jpg  
    03-30-2015 07:54 PM
    Unfortunately that's an Android thing. There's no individual switch for lockscreen notification. It's all or nothing

There's a (cumbersome) workaround, though. You can set your notifications to DO NOT DISTURB, go to each app you DO want in your lockscreen, and set them as PRIORITY. That way only those you choose will still show up on the lockscreen and at the top of everything else on the notification list.
    gatorrich likes this.
    03-31-2015 11:30 AM
    You'd think there would be an option within the FB app itself to turn those on and off. Idk, after all, it's FB we're talking about here, a lot of things they do or don't do, don't make any sense. Smh
    03-31-2015 08:29 PM
    Again, I'm not sure why it's not showing up on yours, but I do have the FB option in my FB settings.
    04-01-2015 11:06 AM