Trying Phones in Store

mblouir

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Just curious...will Verizon stores let you detach the charger/tether on a phone to try it out?

I'm looking at things like putting a phone in & out of a pocket, trying out the power/volume buttons, and getting a good feel for the phone in your hand. This Thursday I'm going to try out the HTC One, and I really want to put it flat on a table and type on the screen to see how much it rocks.

Doing all these things are impossible with the big fat tethers on the phones. Of course I'm going to ask when I go in this Thursday, but I wondered if any of you knew Verizon's policy?

I'm thinking they will do anything in their power to avoid doing so, but I don't really see any harm as long as they are supervising.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just curious...will Verizon stores let you detach the charger/tether on a phone to try it out?

I'm looking at things like putting a phone in & out of a pocket, trying out the power/volume buttons, and getting a good feel for the phone in your hand. This Thursday I'm going to try out the HTC One, and I really want to put it flat on a table and type on the screen to see how much it rocks.

Doing all these things are impossible with the big fat tethers on the phones. Of course I'm going to ask when I go in this Thursday, but I wondered if any of you knew Verizon's policy?

I'm thinking they will do anything in their power to avoid doing so, but I don't really see any harm as long as they are supervising.

Depends on the store I guess, but they let me do it

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think you'd have the best luck with this going to a corporate store.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely, some third party don't even have real phones on display, only plastic cutouts.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Get in a good conversation with a rep and usually they will get one from the back of the store and let you hold it. I held the DNA, then ordered it from Amazon. It was not tethered.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress