Phone not ringing?

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with their phone not ringing? I've been missing calls and getting voicemails because when people call or even when I call from my work landline it will ring a couple of times then go to voicemail. It always seems to ring when I call T-Mobile tech support, though "they're looking into it".

I've also had issues sending MMS, which seems to be a known issue. Text messages have been fine today but over the past couple of days they seem to come in batches/waves instead of coming when they're sent.

Anyone else having issues, especially in the South Florida area? I've read rumblings about different issues but no resolutions.

jscholz22

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
We had the same issue with calls not coming through or when the do it says private number. I did a battery pull and pulled the sim out. Then put all back in. Seemed to fix it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes when on LTE the phone doesn't drop to HSPA properly and this will prevent it from ringing. It's happened to me but very rare.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It was fine for me until recently. The issue is definitely the phone not dropping back to HSPA.

Posted via Android Central App

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
It was fine for me until recently. The issue is definitely the phone not dropping back to HSPA.

That does seem to be the case. What phone is everyone experiencing this problem using? I'm on the Nexus 5. Just trying to determine if this depends on the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the HTC One.

I've also verified that turning off LTE seems to fix the problem. Makes me wonder what has changed recently network - wise for this to be happening so frequently.

It also seems that if the phone is asleep then it doesn't wake up to take the call when on LTE. But if I'm on it and it's not sleeping it takes it.

johnjuan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Nexus 5 on straight talk tmobile. I lose mobile connection when using wifi and mobile connection set to LTE/GSM auto prl. When set to GSM auto prl seems to be ok.
Also seems to be fine with wifi off and set to LTE/GSM..

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm having issues with a Nexus 4, so LTE is not involved on my device. One person who attempted to reach me, from a Sprint phone, said she got a recording from Verizon when she called my phone. I'm trying to get it to replicate or find if someone else called my number and got the same message.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I just called T-Mobile again. This time they said there was already a ticket open regarding the issue and several people have been having the issue in my market. So that's something... at least they're aware of it. The ticket has also been open beyond their standard 72 hour window that they normally say, so hopefully it's getting worked on. In the meantime I've turned of LTE and I'm just using whatever flavor of "4g" this is.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I just called T-Mobile again. This time they said there was already a ticket open regarding the issue and several people have been having the issue in my market. So that's something... at least they're aware of it. The ticket has also been open beyond their standard 72 hour window that they normally say, so hopefully it's getting worked on. In the meantime I've turned of LTE and I'm just using whatever flavor of "4g" this is.

It's HSPA basically then :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Bob DeSilva

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem today and it caused me more problems then I care to get into.. I had to finally pull the battery and wait five minutes and installed the battery and all is fine but for how long remains to be seen..I hope T-Mobile comes up with a fix for this s5. I was much happier with my s3.

DIPPYNA2

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have been having this problem with my s5. The local TMO guy told me to pull battery about twice a week and also pull sim card once a week. But it didn't resolve the problem. Most of the time I still miss some calls, if they don't leave a message or send me a txt I won't know if they called me. I am currently waiting for my personal CellSpot (TMO still call it signal Booster) that actually on back order, this is very frustrating since I called n placed the order on the 17th just to find out yesterday it is back order. :(

Jack_786

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my phone. My phone is not ringing when anyone calls me. My phone speaker is working please help me to get out from this problem I am having this problem from 2 days

cgrantski

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
Try this

Press the volume control button, up or down doesn't matter. In the resulting dialog box you should see three choices: none, priority, or all. If it's not set to ALL, that's your problem.