So can I...(post-paid to pre-paid).

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently mid-contract with Verizon and looking to take advantage of T-Mobile covering my ETFs when I switch over. I'm also very interested in the Walmart $30 prepaid plan for unlimited text, data (5 gb of LTE), and 100 minutes.

So my question is, can I switch to a T-Mobile post paid plan, have them pay my ETFs, and then immediately go over to the $30 prepaid plan? Couldn't find anything on the T-Mobile FAQs. I'm okay with trading in my current phone to T-Mobile and paying full price for a new one. Thank you for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can but the ETF payment can take a few weeks.. So be prepared to pay your ETF and then be reimbursed by T-Mobile later.

Also when coming to T-Mobile you have to get a phone so you'll be on a payment plan. Before going prepaid you'd have to pay it off since they don't finance phones for prepaid (I don't think).

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You can but the ETF payment can take a few weeks.. So be prepared to pay your ETF and then be reimbursed by T-Mobile later.

Also when coming to T-Mobile you have to get a phone so you'll be on a payment plan. Before going prepaid you'd have to pay it off since they don't finance phones for prepaid (I don't think).
All of that is acceptable to me. Thank you.

afrozeke

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Won't work.

But the $30 plan is more than enough to make up for whatever is left on your ETF. Play the long game.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
So switching to prepaid nixes the ETF reimbursement? Even if I pay full price for the phone? Hmm.

The issue is that the $30 prepaid plan is required to be a new activation with a new number. The reps very rarely if ever will switch people to that plan because it clearly says new activation only.

Sent using my iPhone 6 Plus via The Uncarrier

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to thread crap, since Google Voice isn't perfect for everyone, but that's why I like not having my number attached to a carrier.

Assuming he may also use Google Voice, it would be easy for him to activate a new line with a new number.