Expect T-Mobile to see the most success with small and medium-size businesses

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Currently T-Mobile has less than 5% of the $83 billion of Business service. John J. Legere is going to blow up AT&T, Verizon and Sprint's small and medium-size businesses services. T-Mobile may not get much of that larger Enterprise service but he will force AT&T and Verizon to reduce their profits charging 40% more than T-Mobile is offering now. The Un-Carrier is starting a price war for business and that is just what Legere wants to do to reduce profits at AT&T and Verizon. Legere must love it when a plan comes together and it cost the competition a lot of profit by dropping their prices.

Analysts: T-Mobile's business plans could appeal to small businesses but not big enterprises

"Credit Suisse analyst Joseph Mastrogiovanni estimated in a research note that there are at least 50 million business customers that currently subscribe to a wireless carrier other than T-Mobile. "We expect T-Mobile to see the most success with small and medium-size businesses, where price may carry more weight in the decision making process than with enterprise,""

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Any business, large or small, that's drunk the Knox Kool Aid isn't going to go to T-Mobile. (If they do, and TMO has Samsung add Knox and a locked bootloader to TMO's phones, it'll be a sad day for all of us.)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Large business of course won't go .. I don't even know about medium. My work is a small business and they use Verizon. I could see a local business using T-Mobile (if it is good there) but .. other than that .. any traveling ones would likely go elsewhere.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Well the facts I have got this week from Un-Carrier 9 is that TMO has about 5% of the $83 billion business accounts in the USA. Also, there are over 50 million business accounts in the USA and 90 percent have fewer than 20 employees.

Since T-Mobile is charging 40% less than the other three carriers I will bet that John J. Legere Un-Carrier 9 plan is going to be very successful in taking customers from the other three carriers espicially in the mid-size and small-size business. What T-Mobile doesn't steal is going to cost AT&T, Verizon and even Sprint a lot of profit that will have to reduce their prices to keep lots of their customers.

Fact is Europe's Vodafone is going to become a MVNO under T-Mobile in 2015 and bring 500 of Vodafone's Business accounts over that need International service when traveling to the USA.

In Sept of 2013 Verizon buys out Vodafone's 45 percent interest in Verizon for $130 billion. One of Vodafone's biggest competitor is Deutsche Telekom AG that is the parent company that owns T-Mobile. So T-Mobile must be good enough of a network with the build out if Vodafone is going to use T-Mobile as their MVNO USA service provider for Vodafone's business accounts.

Anyone that thinks John J. Legere is going to fail on significantly increasing T-Mobiles business customers isn't paying attention to John's past success. By the end of 2015 I wouldn't be surprised if T-Mobile increases their current 5% business accounts to 18% of that $83 billion market place. T-Mobile's sweet spot is business in the 10 to 50 employees and I would bet that T-Mobile will include extending that discount to their families to pickup even more customers.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If they gain a lot from it I would be surprised. Maybe some small businesses but .. the medium to major (imo) will go to Verizon / AT&T.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
If they gain a lot from it I would be surprised. Maybe some small businesses but .. the medium to major (imo) will go to Verizon / AT&T.

I don't agree that TMO is limited to only small business when it is priced 40% cheaper than the competition. Even if that is so that leaves 90% of 50,000,000 business in the USA that have fewer than 20 employees. If I was a TMO business salesman the first thing I would chase is every city where TMO had a strong signal signal for their city employees business phones. Then I would go after small companies that do home services like AC/Heating, Pluming, Home Repair & instillation.

People under estimate the quality of T-Mobile that where most people are happy if they get three things good things; 1. Good service where they live and play 2. saves them money over the competition. 3. has a good selections of phones without of extra costly options.

TMO is rated the #1 service in these Top 125 cities by population by RootMetric: Washington DC, Philadelphia, Ann Arbor, Antelope Valley CA, Bakersfield CA, Cleveland OH, Concord CA, Fresno CA and Greenville SC --- Sorry I got tired of looking for more reports but people ignore the major roll out TMO is doing in 2015 that is going to give them a lot better coverage in 2015 that covers 70% of the USA population with that new 700Mhz spectrum.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use T-Monile Shilo and do enjoy the service. I am just saying I don't see many businesses going to them unless it's a local one (as you said) because if they have to travel some .. It is a chance of working.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I use T-Monile Shilo and do enjoy the service. I am just saying I don't see many businesses going to them unless it's a local one (as you said) because if they have to travel some .. It is a chance of working.

I knew you were a TMO customer and this is just a nice conversion. I am just betting on John J. Legere that has already put a major dent in the competition in individual and family plans.

I really think after reading a lot about TMO's improvements.T-Mobile now covers around 60 percent of the U.S. population and more than 70 percent of T-Mobile's existing customer base with its 700 MHz spectrum licenses. T-Mobile is waiting on FCC approval for more 700Mhz in Oregon and Washington state plus two new sections of Texas. T-Mobile just put up it's 10th 700Mhz tower in Los Angeles and the FCC only let TMO turn on that spectrum on Jan 21th. (KXLA (the channel 51 TV station for LA) has entered into an agreement with T-Mobile that will allow T-Mobile to light up an A-block network within the boundaries of KXLA’s TV broadcasts.)

Legere is going to be very successful in his new pricing war on his competition like he has proven since he got to T-Mobile. Currently T-Mobile has less than 5% of that $83 billion of business companies. The simple fact is that since 90% of those 50 million business have less than 20 people is going to make it pretty easy for TMO to double or even tipple that current 5% business market they hold now when they are priced 40% below the competition. The biggest issue facing T-Mobile now is there are only two phones currently that support that 700Mhz but the new phones are about to roll out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress