Why is my bill so high? 80$ 10Gb plan

JhamesofIre

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
My phone is paid for, I'm on a contract, it's a single line, I've never missed or made a short payment,I'm with VERIZON
I switch from the 60 $ smartphone 2GB loyalty plan, because I was spending as much as 119 with overages anyways. I ask about the 80 plan, asked if it would put me on the more everything plan, she said no, told me my bill would be around 120 with the 10 GB, some put me on it. I check my bill a few days ago, it says I made my 119$ payment, but my next bill would be 245$.. I got on the phone with a customer rep, and after some heated talking at first, we got down to a 145$ bill. My question still, is why is my bill so high still? I've hit no overages yet, I just don't fully understand the pricing. Can someone please help, I fell like I was suckered in and railroaded.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why is my bill so high? 80$ 100 plan

What carrier do you have?

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
re:

Look at your bill online and it should give you a breakdown of your total. $80 is just for your data. You still would have to pay line access and taxes which can add up to be quite a bit.

Posted via the Android Central App

invincible1914

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
re:

You probably got hit with month in advance charges.... Whenever you change your plan on Verizon ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS set it to start at the beginning of a bill cycle. If you are going up in price and data, you can backdate the plan change but the safest thing to do is to set it to start your next bill cycle.

What i mean by month in advance charges that when you began service during the first month you got a bill before that month was up. You basically paid service a month in advance.... everyone on Verizon (and other carriers as well) do this. So when you make a plan change in the middle of a bill cycle like say the 5th day you get refunded the entire amount of the old plan BUT charged for 25 days on the new plan since thats how many days are left in the bill cycle PLUS the entire 30 days on the plan a month in advance. So basically you get double charged on the next bill. I hate that it works that way and I hate explaining this to customers... but it sounds like that's what happened to you. If it was... then it will back to normal on the next bill. And also you should be refunded because the plan change from 2GB to 10GB can be backdated.

JhamesofIre

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your answers, that makes sense and my new bill owed has already been changed to 145$ plus the refund..my bill explains about the same thing, customer reps from verizon were very understanding in quickly changing my current due amount. I did however almost stroke a little at the 245$ bill..I just hope an in store rep does not argue about the changes, because my current due on my verizon app is 145$ and some change

Posted via the Android Central App