Unable to upgrade on legacy unlimited plan

johnjuan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm on a Nationwide talk and text 1400 minute unlimited plan. Last year I bought my wife the Pixel on 2 year payment plan. I was unable to upgrade my line Pixel 2 XL online with my current plan. When did Verizon require to change plans in order to upgrade?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a Nationwide talk and text 1400 minute unlimited plan. Last year I bought my wife the Pixel on 2 year payment plan. I was unable to upgrade my line Pixel 2 XL online with my current plan. When did Verizon require to change plans in order to upgrade?

I worked Verizon 2012 to 2015 and they quit allowing upgrades on that plan years ago because it's no longer an available plan. You can't sign a 2 year contract on a calling plan no longer offered, has been that way for years.

johnjuan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm making payments and have been getting device promotional credit for 12 months..I may have incorrectly stated contract.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if they won't allow it now. Bottom line is they want people off those plans so they're going to keep making life more difficult to keep it.

johnjuan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if they won't allow it now. Bottom line is they want people off those plans so they're going to keep making life more difficult to keep it.
Thank you I'm sure that's their plan. I won't give up voluntarily. I'll just pay full price for future cell purchases.

Last edited:

johnjuan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
update: I was trying to upgrade on My Verizon mobile app which prevented without changing mobile plan. I just upgraded online to Pixel 2 XL with $300 discount and 2 year payment plan.

Kyprain

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I tried to upgrade with my old plan and almost lost it. Took Verizon almost 4 weeks to get my old plan back.
When I was trying to get the new phone, Verizon website said I would be able to keep my old plan, but once I got the phone and started to activate it I lost my old plan.
I returned the phone and asked Verizon to reinstated my old plan.

How did you manage to keep your plan? Thanks for your answer ahead of time.

johnjuan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
When I received the new phone I installed original sim which may of saved me from having to change plans. I'm not sure why your upgrade had you change.