Edit contact information, deleted information still showing.

rosieanci1

Jun 22, 2020
Visit site
On my android phone, after editing my contacts address I can still see the old address. But if I go back in to edit it only show the new address!! Please help!!!

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Edit contact information

Yes I did, but both addresses still show....

OK, I deleted my original reply, because I was checking on what you were dealing with to back check myself. I'm looking into it, and if someone else doesn't help you first, then today will be another day I learn something, too!
By the way, thanks for registering as a member and again, welcome to the Android Central forums!​

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Screenshot_20200622-102544_Contacts (1).jpg

^OK, so you get this in the edit screen, with one address, I'm thinking you were referring to. But once you got to the contact, is this what you're seeing? Am I correct? (or, as you replied, the attachments disappeared, weird.)

20200622_102640 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

OK, after delving into it and checking some things, I went to settings and started exploring, and think I found what may be your issue. When I pulled up the Contact, I tapped Settings (3 dots) at the upper right, and there's an entry to "Link to another contact." The contact showed two entries. Once I removed the extra Link, the offending address disappeared. I deleted both addresses initially to track this down, but one still showed, regardless. Once I unlinked the duplicate, bingo, I was clean, and re-entered the address and just had one. Thank you for the challenge to figure this out!
Screenshot_20200622-103706_Contacts (1).jpg

20200622_104356 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Well, fiddlesticks. I'm not sure if it's related to being a new member or not. Hopefully, the description will help you sort this by itself.

It might have to do with the actual contact information visible in those images. Someone might be moderating them. Let me check with some of the other Mods.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

It might have to do with the actual contact information visible in those images. Someone might be moderating them. Let me check with some of the other Mods.

The contact information is for a business, which is why I used it. Thanks for the insight!

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Ok, edited images should now be visible.

Cool, and thanks, I wasn't sure what happened. I was careful to select a contact that might have appreciated potential business. I should have selected the IRS number, in retrospection. ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The contact information is for a business, which is why I used it. Thanks for the insight!

Ah, I see. Well, you never know what kind of crank on the forums might decide to start making dirty phone calls to that business, so I figured better safe than sorry!:p