[MEGATHREAD] LG IMS Keeps Stopping (5/2022)

Skywolve

May 22, 2022
Visit site
So I know there was one post already related to this but no solution in that thread has worked, nor has any solution posted on various websites.

I wish I could just disable LG IMS as the frame work contributes to features of my phone I simply don't use, however I cannot find the place to do so nor the IP type most websites tell me to. Like I said I have a Stylo 4 so that may be the issue.

I also doubt it has to do with any particular app as a factory reset did not fix it.

I am at my wits end so either a detailed guide for disabling it or any other fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Skywolve

May 22, 2022
Visit site
Why would it being old cause this particular issue?

Also most solutions refer to changing the IP Version or disabling LG IMS through the Modem Settings but I can't locate either option specifically on my phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Why would it being old cause this particular issue?

Also most solutions refer to changing the IP Version or disabling LG IMS through the Modem Settings but I can't locate either option specifically on my phone.
Because IMS is related to carrier calls and sms to be delivered over IP network and a sim is related to this

Bryan 2

May 22, 2022
Visit site
Hello,

I have an LG G7 ThinQ, and I started receiving this message this morning also. I know someone else who has the same phone and this morning they also started receiving this. My sim is about 2 years old or less, so I do not think it is sim related. Perhaps some sort of phone update caused this? I am on Tmobile if that makes any differnce. I do know there are reports of this on all carriers.

Not sure what to do, all the fixes aren't working for me since the menus they reference don't actually exist. I did find my way to the "secret" menu, but there is no IP version menu to click on, or any of the other suggestions I've seen.

Sven Jorgenson

May 22, 2022
Visit site
Also on an LG G7 and also on T-Mobile... same thing here. It just started this morning, so it must be carrier related. T-Mobile must have done something that is causing issues on this particular type of phone?

Hello,

I have an LG G7 ThinQ, and I started receiving this message this morning also. I know someone else who has the same phone and this morning they also started receiving this. My sim is about 2 years old or less, so I do not think it is sim related. Perhaps some sort of phone update caused this? I am on Tmobile if that makes any differnce. I do know there are reports of this on all carriers.

Not sure what to do, all the fixes aren't working for me since the menus they reference don't actually exist. I did find my way to the "secret" menu, but there is no IP version menu to click on, or any of the other suggestions I've seen.

Bryan 2

May 22, 2022
Visit site
Good to know. Hopefully a fix comes later today? Wonder if I should even bother calling in. They usually are completely clueless to your problem and play dumb. So frustrating!

But I think this is just related to LG devices? If so, are we really sure it's a Tmobile issue? Idk, just spitballing here.

Skywolve

May 22, 2022
Visit site
I'm on T-mobile too. It's honestly a major relief to see I'm not the only one who's dealing with this. Though I'm not sure what they could have done that would make the issue occur even after a factory reset.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Another thing you can try is go to settings>apps>system app>IMS could be 2 or 3 on your device go to each one then storage clear data then force stop each and see if that helps

danegal

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine just started within The last hour. LG thinq phone. Tmobile network. Sim is about 6 months old.

Hello,

Last edited:

danegal

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Not there either. But I'm wondering if well being has something to do with it (I have that one disabled also)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220522-102355.jpg
    Screenshot_20220522-102355.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220522-102218.jpg
    Screenshot_20220522-102218.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress