Need photo resizing app that will send multiple pictures in an em

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I frequently email pictures from my phone. My iphone used to allow me to select a few pictures and send them. It would automatically resize so that recipients didn't get huge files.

I have not to date found a way to do this on android. I can go into quick pik or other programs and resize a picture manually... then select several and email.. but this is cumbersome and results in duplicates of my pictures in my gallery. I can't easily tell which is the big picture file and which is the small.

Is there a program out there that will automatically resize and send multiple pictures? This could be a separate program that sends to gmail or an email program itself. This is driving me nuts. Please help.

I can't be the only one who thinks this is a huge and unnecessary problem with android. I would think it would be the perfect app opportunity for someone to write and make a few bucks.

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Need photo resizing app that will send multiple pictures in a

have not found an app like that yet

•? but some gallery apps may have this feature built in, so maybe someone else can chime in here

But;

u can always use esfile explorer or similar

go to your dcim folder

•? multi-select the pics you want to use

•? zip them up common format & then email the zip

•? add dcim folder to favs & / or create a short cut to your dcim folder as well so it will save you some time

hope that helps

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

thanks.
the problem isn't the capacity of the email to hold large files (zip for that).. it is that my phone takes a 3 mb picture that shows up huge on someone elses phone or pc. I want to reduce to a submegabyte file so when they open a picture of my daughter, they don't just see her nose. And I want to send multiple in one email so they don't get 5 emails in a row.

thanks again. This seems like a no brainer. Someone needs to make an app for this or build it into their email program!

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Great!! That is helpful. Almost perfect. The one issue is that I often send more than one picture. Nobody appreciates a trail of 4 emails... Is there a program that does this...but allows you to select more than one picture? Maybe they will update this app...

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

ok. I found the SOLUTION!!

the app is Image Shrink. The paid app shrinks photos from an app or email program... AND lets me send multiple!

Don't know why I couldn't find this before...

joelion45

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
You can also try OtShot. It's great if you want to resize or rotate a bunch of pictures at once OtShot
I use photoshop for nearly everything but if you're not a graphic designer and if you're only looking for something simple try otshot or picasa

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The best way to "send" large files is still uploading them to a file sharing site and emailing or texting the link. Considering the number of free cloud accounts available, you should be able to keep at least 100GB online for free. And remember, some email accounts still limit email accounts to 10MB total storage for all emails. (And MMS is limited to 300KB in some cases.)

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I frequently email pictures from my phone. My iphone used to allow me to select a few pictures and send them. It would automatically resize so that recipients didn't get huge files.

I have not to date found a way to do this on android. I can go into quick pik or other programs and resize a picture manually... then select several and email.. but this is cumbersome and results in duplicates of my pictures in my gallery. I can't easily tell which is the big picture file and which is the small.

Is there a program out there that will automatically resize and send multiple pictures? This could be a separate program that sends to gmail or an email program itself. This is driving me nuts. Please help.

I can't be the only one who thinks this is a huge and unnecessary problem with android. I would think it would be the perfect app opportunity for someone to write and make a few bucks.

Your prayers have been answered:
with the free app 'Telegram' you can send and receive full size Hi-Res pictures, hundreds if necessary, and Hi-Res videos up to 1 Gigabyte in size. Via WiFi/the internet.
Other apps are usually limited to sending/receiving videos of max. 90 seconds or 10 MB.
Being able to send (small) pictures and (tiny) videos via mobile networks (MMS) is very convenient when you really have to, but it is also by far the slowest and most expensive m.o. Not to mention the inconveniences of the limitations on file sizes (and resolution) = image quality.

Last edited: