How to setup shaw e-mail on a motorola atrix

anon(745415)

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I just recently switched from a BlackBerry to Android and discovered in the setup that it was frustratingly difficult to get my Shaw e-mail to work on the Atrix. I was thinking this is an amazing phone why is it such a pain to get the e-mail to work properly. It would work on Wi-Fi but only partially on the Cellular connection. Upon researching it I found many people were having the same problem as I was so I decided to contact Shaw for help and they told me how to set it up right and in the spirit of open source I am going to explain here how to do it. I?ve confirmed it works.

The first thing you want to do is go to the Motorola Blur accounts icon and click on it. The first thing you will see after clicking on it is all your accounts click on the one that is your Shaw e-mail account and you will go to a settings page press on the incoming server page under server put pop.shaw.ca your user name will be your full shaw e-mail address and your password is your e-mail password. now click on the advanced settings page and then make sure the port is at 110 and nothing else is selected. now click ok and and then you will be back to the main menu click on the outgoing server button and you will be at a new page make sure the server is mail.shaw.ca the username is your full e-mail address and the password is your e-mail address password. Click on advanced settings and make sure the port is 587 and nothing else is selected. now that you've done all of this send off a test e-mail and see what happens it should work fine. hope this was helpful download the pdf i'm putting on the bottom if this is confusing i put screenshots in that with the insturctions