Can I wipe the memory of a phone with a broken display?

Slusho64

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
My SGSII(AT&T)'s screen stopped working so they're sending me a new (or refurbished) one and then I have to send them mine. So is there any way to wipe the memory or factory reset the device (which is rooted but still has the stock rom) without the use of the screen? Also, when I plug it into my computer it doesn't appear in Computer (although the computer does know it's been plugged in by the sound it makes, maybe it's set to Charge Only even though I always had it set to data transfer).

Someone asked this same question here but no one responded:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-mobile-galaxy-s-4g/163755-how-do-you-wipe-galaxy-s-4g-broken-screen.html

so I'm hoping people respond to this, even if it's to say that they've never heard of such a fix.

Thanks.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
You can boot into hboot and wipe it from there without needing the touchscreen, but you would need to get someone with an SGSII (or wait for your new one) to see how many button presses you need to get to the right choice.

I found on Google the Samsung Dive utility, but I'm assuming you never set that up.