ICS Calendar month view symbols explanation

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
In the Calendar, Month view, for ICS stock calendar, there is a little colored square placed to the left of each event you have scheduled on the calendar. My question is this: What is the meaning of a square being solid or an outline? What does a solid verses open square signify?

Thank you for any help.

I am using a Motorola Zoom, running OS 4.0.4

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
In the Calendar, Month view, for ICS stock calendar, there is a little colored square placed to the left of each event you have scheduled on the calendar. My question is this: What is the meaning of a square being solid or an outline? What does a solid verses open square signify?

Thank you for any help.

I am using a Motorola Zoom, running OS 4.0.4

It means that you have an event scheduled on that day.:)

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
No. That is not what I am talking about. I know what it looks like if an event is scheduled on a day.

Some events that are scheduled on a particular day have a solid square and some have an open square.

Igothakrull

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you ad a pic for me to see? I have been looking for this in my calendar and can't see what you mean.

Skickat från min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2

CycloneFever

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Resurrecting this thread because I have the exact same question and I can't find an answer anywhere.

In the monthly calendar view in ICS, events have a little colored square next to them to color code what calendar they are on. Some of them are solid squares and some of them are hollow (outline one) squares. What is the difference?

I can't notice a distinction between all-day or timed events, one-time-only or recurring events, etc.

In the day, week, and agenda views all the colored icons are solid.

I do know that in the web app, appointments you don't have the ability to modify are cross-hatched. In this case these are all appointments I can modify so that isn't it.

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Could it be the calendar that created the event? I know that even though I'm on gingerbread, I have a few different colored calendars.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

crwallace2

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I just ran a quick test, and it appears that events created or added through the web calendar interface are displayed as open squares and evens created from a mobile device and then synced to the calendar are displayed as solid squares. I tested by creating an event from my phone (HTC Thunderbolt) which then appeared as a solid square on my tablet ICS calendar. I also created a test event from my tablet which also appeared as solid. I then went to my computer and created another event from the web interface and it appeared as an open square on my tablets month view. I find it a little interesting and unexpected that it seems to have been designed this way but I guess its a nice feature if it had been documented a little better.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
crwallace2: I thought I had tested that once before, but maybe I hadn't. Your explanation makes the most sense. I am not sure why Google would include this "feature" though. I don't see an immediate use for it. Thank you for your help.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Good news... with the Jelly Bean upgrade that installed on my Xoom, this odd calendar issue is gone. All events are now shown with solid colored boxes in the month view. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87