Gmail app delay receiving mail

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who's disenchanted with the Gmail app on Android? I was hoping it would be better with my Nexus, but nothing has changed.

It doesn't seem like true push. If I set Gmail up as an exchange account in the mail app, it receives my e-mail and notifies me within seconds of sending a test message. The Gmail app randomly notifies me within about 15 minutes or so. Call me anal, but I like to receive my e-mail as soon as possible (sometimes it's important) and I don't see why there's a delay on the official Gmail app.

I know this has been an ongoing issue for some time with Android and my co-worker claims that he's perfectly happy just using the Gmail app, but my experience is that the Email client receives e-mail faster and that's important to me.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
It has been working fine for me. I know occasionally an e-mail won't arrive instantly, probably due to connection or network overload, but for the most part I have no problem.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
No problems here and agree with pazzo. If I'm in a dead area or service cut I'll receive the email once the connection is established. Is the Sync option selected in accounts via the settings menu?