How do I replace builtin apps with the latest versions as they are eating up the internal storage...
    As google play, Maps, voice search, Gmail, Google search...
    These apps take a lot of memory space ... So i am looking for a solution so that the outdated apps of factory versions can be totally removed and replaced with updated versions...
    Please help me :-)
    08-17-2012 08:31 PM
    First, You dont update your apps at all from google play?

open Play store-->menu-->my apps

you will see list of app which need an update including google play, Maps, voice search, Gmail, Google search
    click and update

removing Google play is the worst idea ever... do not remove any build in app in the phone( google apps). have you not seen tons of thread here with issues which is caused by removing build in app???

if you still want to do it feel free but i guarantee you will have ton of issues
    yodatom10 likes this.
    08-17-2012 10:12 PM
    ↑↑↑↑↑ ↑↑↑↑↑ ↑↑↑↑↑ ↑↑↑↑↑ ↑↑↑↑↑ ↑↑↑↑↑ ↑↑↑↑↑ ↑↑↑
    That

Plus you can't remove system apps without root access what phone do you have ?

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus
    08-17-2012 10:58 PM
    Buddy you didn't get my point :-P
    I was saying that the apps which are pre loaded in the device hav previous versions...
    I just want to completely remove old versions that aur built in the device so that the latest version can be loaded...
    I will give you an example...
    When i restore to factory settings i want to see the latest versions instead of the versions that were installed when the device was made...
    How can i make this possible...
    I want to do this because the apps that i update take internal memory space... And my device is kind of a low on internal space... So ...
    I hope you understand... :sly:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy GIO GT-S5660 using Android central forum
    08-18-2012 08:49 PM
    Buddy you didn't get my point :-P
    I was saying that the apps which are pre loaded in the device hav previous versions...
    I just want to completely remove old versions that aur built in the device so that the latest version can be loaded...
    I will give you an example...
    When i restore to factory settings i want to see the latest versions instead of the versions that were installed when the device was made...
    How can i make this possible...
    I want to do this because the apps that i update take internal memory space... And my device is kind of a low on internal space... So ...
    I hope you understand... :sly:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy GIO GT-S5660 using Android central forum
    Can't be done. When you factory reset the default version will be loaded. And when you update the app via the playstore it replaces the old version with the new version

As with low memory the phone only comes with 158mb if my Google search it correct. If your going to be loading lots of apps you either need to move some to the SD card or be looking to upgrade the phone.

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus
    08-18-2012 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD