Is there a way to clean up the "my apps" list?

learning2

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this is answered somewhere -- searching on "my apps" is too vague.

You know how when you get a new phone and you load, say, six clock widgets, play with them, pick one you like, then uninstall the other five?

I've had my phone for a couple years now, and I've done that several times (tried browsers, keyboards, etc.) The result is that the "my apps" list on my Google Play account is cluttered with all sorts of stuff that I don't ever want to reinstall again. Is there any way to delete things I don't want from that list, to make it more readable? (either from the phone or the website is fine.)

Thanks!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Google Support answer

Permanently removing uninstalled apps:
At this time, there is no way to permanently delete or remove apps from the Google Play website (My Orders/My Android Apps) or from the Google Play Store app (My Apps) that you’ve previously downloaded but have since uninstalled.

Uninstalling apps using the Google Play website:
Android apps may only be uninstalled from the device itself - there is no way to remotely uninstall items from play.Google.com

I agree there should be a filter for showing which apps you have downloaded or no longer need. The only thing you could possibly do is create a new Gmail account and link it to the Play Store.

Reactions: learning2

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I would love to be able to delete those apps. It frustrating searching through all those apps to reinstall after you flash a new ROM and auto restore doesn't work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It frustrating searching through all those apps to reinstall after you flash a new ROM and auto restore doesn't work.
Before you flash the ROM, back up all your apps with a program like Astro (it creates apk files). After you flash the ROM, rstore the apk files with an apk installer app (there are a few free ones - they all work the same). You can copy the apk files to your computer to always have a local backup of the apps you need.

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Before you flash the ROM, back up all your apps with a program like Astro (it creates apk files). After you flash the ROM, rstore the apk files with an apk installer app (there are a few free ones - they all work the same). You can copy the apk files to your computer to always have a local backup of the apps you need.

I recently started using TiBU that makes things a whole lot easier but I remember pre-TiBU

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non