(Galaxy S2) Black home screen, application is not responding error, top bar still works.

Ylltimate

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

My aunt gave me a Samsung Galaxy S2 and everything was fine, except that it didn't let me register to the network. The next day it told me that it had to do an update so I did the update. After the update the home screen turned black and pressing the buttons didn't do anything. After a while an error pops up saying "application is not responding" and then the screen just stays black. The top bar works just fine and I can even go on the internet, play games, practically do everything. I did a factory reset by pressing Volume up + Home + Power 3 times already, but the only thing that changed is that the language turned into German.. the screen stays black. It had nothing to do with Rooting or Flashing, because I don't even know what that is.

I'm really frustrated and if someone could help me I would really, really appreciate it.

spagman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Search how to get the phone in download mode... The search Odin and how to flash a stock rom for your specific phone.
It will be as good as new!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2