Kindle App - download all

Mechinikel

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I just got a new Nexus 7 tablet and want to download all my books that I have in my Kindle account to it.

The problem is that I can't see any way to download more than one book at a time. I have 250 books and it seems like my only option is to click on each one, wait for it to download then open automatically, exit out of the book, and then click on the next book. This could take hours.

Is there any way to download all your books or large groups of them?

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I would think once you get the Kindle app set up and you sign into your account, all your stuff would be in your library. Have you went online (computer) to your Amazon/Kindle account and add your device?

~?~Android Goddess~?~

Mechinikel

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the device is added and all the books are available. However, in order to get the books onto the device (so that they can be read when I don't have an internet connection) it seems you have to manually download each one which can be a long process.

kevinmark

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I have moved about 600 books from from my Kindle library to my Nexus.
If you have the mobi files on your desktop, download the Kindle app on your Nexus, make a folder called Kindle in the root directory of your phones storage, and drag the mobi files to that folder. Reboot the tablet, and they show up. Each of my Kindle books had 3 files per folder, the cover art, OPF file and the mobi file, I moved them all. Works like a charm.

Last edited:

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the device is added and all the books are available. However, in order to get the books onto the device (so that they can be read when I don't have an internet connection) it seems you have to manually download each one which can be a long process.

That kinda blows... I have it on my phone and I have the Cloud Reader on my computer

~?~HTC Evo Design~?~

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana